Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG k20 plus...compatibility

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my fitbit blaze from my son & husband for mothers day this year and it was working fine with my old Samsung phone. Last Tuesday, I had to get a new phone because my phone keep shutting off. (It was 3yrs old) Went to T-Mobile & informed the rep that I wanted to make sure the phone I selected was compatibile with my Blaze. She suggested the LGK20 PLUS. Ok cool. I noticed I wasn't receiving any notifications so I contacted Fitbit support who advised me its not on the compatibility list. I really wished I known about the compatibility list prior bc I would have to pay a $50 restocking fee to return this phone. Fitbit team android can you please add LG K20 PLUS to the list. I want to ENJOY the full benefits of my fitbit blaze. Or can you send me a $50 check before next Tuesday so I can go to Team iPhone. Please help me. thank you

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & format

Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

I just bought a fit versa and i have a LG Q7 .It worked for most the day and it has stopped working and syncing to my phone. I have even tried talking to customer service about the issue .. It didn't link my weather or Pandora. Is it just not compatible and if not why wasn't I told that on the phone???

Best Answer

Customer service with fitbit isn't the greatest. I was basically just told that I should get a compatible phone and every time I have contacted them it has been a your problem, not ours attitude (including on these forums). The problem is that unless you have a Samsung or an iPhone, you're probably using a non compatible phone because those are basically all they support. This thread is a year and a half old and the K20 still doesn't work. The other LG I bought doesn't even pair. I haven't used my fitbit for most of a year because I don't have windows and the app is useless. It was definitely a waste of money and it's extremely frustrating that it is such a widespread problem and they refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever. 

I just bought a Letscom tracker for $30 and it syncs no problem. The app is much more basic than fitbit (the main difference being no social aspect) but the tracker is super accurate and cost half of my flex 2 with way more features (heart rate, watch, and an actual screen) and it's actually usable. Fitbit blames the Android versions but I'm still on marshmallow and they can't get it to work. This inexpensive Letscom tracker has a nice app, fantastic customer service (they don't just blame the user like fitbit), and syncs with anything above android 4.4, which tells me the issue is absolutely fitbit, not android or the phones. 

Best Answer

I agree. Because my LG K30 that i just got today will not give me notifications either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Khogan99 .

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the notifications.

In addition, maybe you could support this suggestion about adding that phone to the list. You can comment on it and vote for it to show your support. Be sure to also read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any way to make the LG K20 PLUS compatible with my new Fitbit charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I make my lg k20 plus cell work with my new Fitbit charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @drakedouglas1.

Thanks for posting in the Forums.

At this time we do not have any details of when we can expect that device to be added to the list of supported devices.

Maybe you could post about it in our Feature Suggestions board. Lots of different users could then comment and vote on the idea to show their support. Be sure to read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

In the meantime you can try using a different mobile device or a computer to get them to sync. You can click here to read more about it.

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried and tried to get mine to work. How did you do it?
Best Answer
It's not compatible. I use PC to track stats
Best Answer
0 Votes

oh great thanks for the respond Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm not sure bc I have the blaze. I called tech support and they helped me
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it looks like they haven't added this K20 yet, because I just got a fitbit and can't get any notifications on my phone.  Basically my fitbit is just a fitness tracker.  boo

Best Answer
0 Votes
I run it off my PC. Got a dangle and it sync's up
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ya mine too, except now sumhow moving furniture i lost the little mechanism
from inside the rubber, and hadn't realized it,sum time ago, went to charge
and gone! My daughter is gonna flip when ahe finda out, an x mas gift from
her. So irrelevant now lol, and beoke k20 screen recently, cheaper to ger
new fon, k40, no longer hav k20 avl. Wish ya luck if they ever update it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here....i have the LG K20 Plus as well and just got my fitbit....wish i would have known beforehand...should have researched a little more....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to get it to work. Somewhere I the phone settings you allow the
fitbit access. Keep searching. I can't remember exactly where it was but
it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes