Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for mothers and daycare employees!

I have a Fitbit, and work in the infant room at a day care. I feel my my step count from work ( about 10,000 per 8 hours plus an hour break) is awfully high seeing as I don't often leave the room and walk around.

Does bouncing a baby to sleep register as steps? Also when I pay backs I see the screen flipping through the menu options with out touching it.

Give me your insight! Can anyone else see a heart rate spike when bottles are due?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Depending on your fitbit model it can be tracking the hand movements as steps. i can't remember how, but you can change the setting to be less sensitive, which should bring the step count down to a correct amount. 

-Marius
Best Answer
0 Votes

@TiferMendos , I have two new granddaughters and I found that bouncing them on their mother’s exercise ball soothed them and gave me steps.

I did n’t feel at all guilty about these steps!  The balls are sold as exercise balls, and I knew for sure that bouncing them was work for me!  I think it is particularly good for core muscles, so I say, go for it!  And take the steps where you can...

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the point is... the numbers aren't correct. Some people, like my wife rely on accurate step counts to know how many cals have been burned. 

OP- I found under settings on your device that you should be able to adjust the sensitivity level. Mine shows two setting options, again depend on what device you are using.

-Marius
Best Answer
0 Votes