Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swim tracking

Which trackers or smart watches will send swim lap times to the app...not calories burned? My ionic (soon to be replaced) only shows 10 lap times on  the watch itself at the end of the swim and shown no lap times on the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I think the app works the same for all the trackers supporting swimming. The major difference is that some trackers (like Versa 2/Versa 3) don't show real-time laps count on the watch while swimming.

Best Answer
0 Votes

all trackers send data to the app. If it shows on your watch it is on the app. just be sure you have all the available tiles showing. All the newer trackers have swim tracking, but since I don't use that feature I can't say lap accuracy. My friend @NellyG is an avid swimmer and may be able to help you..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @emili 

Hi @NanciH45 I find the lap count Fitbits count very accurate for all the trackers or watches I have used. BUT you need to learn how to make it easy for the tracker to detect. What the tracker needs from you is a clear signal that you have finished one lap and started another, and as it is worn on your arm, the arms need to stop moving briefly. So either pause (very briefly) at the lap end or give a good push off and glide your arms for a second or two.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes