Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change calories to steps

how do you change calories to steps on your dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Do you mean as your main goal?  If so, then select the icon of your Fitbit in the upper corner and then scroll to where it says "main goal".  From there, you can change it to steps, calories, distance, etc.  

If you want to just rearrange the stats on your app dashboard, simply hold down one of the stat tiles and move them around.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

hey @kaitlynk, did @Heather-S answer your question or do you need additional help? If she did, consider marking her reply as the solution to help others search easier with the same question. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

It hasn’t helped me at all.  I can’t even find my Fitbit icon or the Display Goals scene either on my Apple phone OR on the computer.

My Fitbit app on the phone displays the cals.... and I’d much rather have steps displayed.  I’ve already spent 45 minutes trying to figure it out.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is what the iOS app looks like here (when "Today" is selected at the bottom):

IMG_0048.jpg

It shows steps in the larger circle at the top, and calories in a smaller circle right below it. I believe this is the default layout. If you want to change it, just click on Edit, in the upper right corner. You will get something like this:

IMG_0047.jpg

You can reorder activity items by dragging them up and down with the handle on the right. The item listed first will be the one appearing in the larger circle. If it’s currently calories for you, and you’d prefer to have steps, just drag them up and down until they’re in the order that suits your preferences.

If I failed to understand your question, please make it clearer.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I have tried holding down the tile but nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not go to main goal. When I touch the tile at the side of Dashboard nothing happens no main goal

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no main goal showing I have a flex 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rubbish does not work

Best Answer

that's what I used to have but there is no edit button just today and calories cant even get into profile

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see why she is experiencing this issue as it is assumed she is looking at the same dashboard. What is frustrating is that Fitbit advised that when not syncing, go to Bluetooth and Forget the Device. Then reset. Well, now I did all that but Bluetooth is not working with the device. When i reinstalled the FitBit App, this is the Graphical User Interface. Note, there is no option for Steps. Just shows calories. Also, not syncing. I turned on and off, on and off, on and off Bluetooth, phone, but nothing. My iPhone really did a great job at forgetting this device.

The community does not allow me to post the image which would be so helpful as my screen only Shows Calories no other circle options whatsoever.

In the meantime, the Sync does not work. I just want to restart and repair. Any thoughts on how i can begin from Ground Zero as my last attempt at this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bats2 - i am so with you. I wanted to upload the screen so they can see as it only shows Cals nothing else. I have the Premium version yet I lost a lot of features, most importantly the Sync function. Two reasons I was hesitant to get this watch....Battery issues (reminder never get the watch wet....as i have found my previous fitbit watch Ionic could not longer charge) and Sync/Bluetooth. I was hoping with the Sense that these issues would not be a factor.

Best Answer
0 Votes