Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic battery won't last more than 1 day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my first fitbit Ionic when they first came out when it got to about 15 months old battery would not last more than a day ?? possibly a dud battery fitbit did not want to know me out of warranty.  I bought another fitbit Ionic yes I know stupid me 18 months old and guess what the battery has a problem wont last more than about 25hours then flat,   Will I by another fitbit not likly it may have some great fetchers but $340.00 plus every 18 months is a bit dear for me

I bought my wife a versa 18 months ago when they first came out in the first month we had 3 of them till we got that would work now you would not believe it 18 months old and the battery is retired thats  a $1000.00 + on fitbits that die after 18 months I hope a lot of people read this and think before they by a fitbit not so happy customer

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Monk2.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience. I am sorry that you and your wife went through this situation, I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. If you haven't tried this already, please follow our tips in Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? 

If the issue persists, you can get in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and discuss the options available to you. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, Fitbit ionic was fine until last Wednesday then battery won’t even last a day now.. without using gps it drains so quickly I don’t understand how it suddenly drains? Never had an issue before, Fitbit is about 3.5 years old, main board was replaced last year through warranty. Very frustrating but have had enough now and decided to buy a garmin

Best Answer

Hi LilyalFitBit mate I am a 67 year old and not real interested in most of the fitbit fetchers I use it as it came out of the box, eg see how far I have walked, what my heart rate is, how I sleep, I donot use the other functions on it  like music GPS etc so my battery should last ages, when I first git it it did 4 to 5 days no problems .

I got the ionic because I could go for a swim with it, cause it is water resistant to a certain depth IE can wear in the pool and for that reason I got my wife the versa but neither of these units 1 x Versa and 2 x Ionic have lived up to all the promo jargen that Fitbit put up to advertise them so yes I have wasted over a $1000.00 on items that do not clearly live up to there advertising campaign

Fitbit want to help me yes check this check that you full of please read this part and that part on how to maintain your fitbit ?? when clearly you have a battery problem with them

you want to help then help I got 3 of your Fitbits that where to of the line at the time but usless now to me and anybody else battery failed to do the job how about you take them back fix the batterys and send them back to me at no cost to me,  will this happen no you got my money and I am stuck with a product that is not all that long out of warrenty and usless

One unit faulty yes it could happen but 3 something is wrong and fiybits answer is sorry but they out of warranty ?? but another unit SORRY but will not by another fitbit again your product clear dose not go the distance nor dose fitbit want to take them back and fix then free of charge you have my Email address so you could sent a prey payed label for them to be returned to you for repair then return them back to me will this happen I donot think so wasted my money sorry but that's how I feel

Best Answer
0 Votes