Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 doesn't pause when running out due to sweat

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I pause my time when on a run as the sensors don’t work if sweaty?

I have seen this question posted since 2020 but it still comes up over and over again (suggesting Fitbit just simply have no resolution) 

When out running the side sensors don’t respond quick enough due to sweat so it takes about 2 mins of drying the Fitbit with my t shirt before it will pause.

Is there a simple solution other than throwing it in the bin and just getting a proper fitness tracker that works?

I’ve tried rebooting and changing the clock like other posts suggest but that is just an avoidance tactic from Fitbit who seem to be unable to resolve this ? Who does the product design testing for Fitbit? Or do they not bother…

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there, @MaroochyDazza. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your Inspire 2 while running. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience before posting here, I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Even though I truly appreciate you took the time to come here and express your feelings towards your experience with your Inspire 2 and also want to find a resolution to your issue, my best advice is to keep the conversation with our Support Team. I've seen you contacted them after posting here and they're now trying to help you with this situation. If the steps that our team has provided did not work, please feel free to let them know. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly. Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.

please can you keep this thread open so I can read replies from actual users. They may have simple workarounds. Your support agents have nothing to offer in terms of resolving the issue. They simply re-send me instructions on how to pause which clearly shows they don’t have a grasp on the issue I am raising and may as well just be a chat bot

Best Answer