Allow users to choose top-of-screen metric for Exercise app on Charge 6

A recent firmware update for the Charge 6 (66.20001.202.94) changed the top-of-screen metric during exercises tracked on-device in the Exercise app to be the current time. It used to be something more relevant to the exercise (e.g., Distance for Runs, Calories for Weights, etc.). Please allow users to select the top-of-screen metric.
7 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @mikey_pdx, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to choose the top-of-screen metric for the Exercise app on Charge 6 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SohNormal
First Steps

Thanks for initiating this request and I hope Google implements the change. I agree with the request. If we want the time of day, well . . . this is a watch as well as a tracker so the time can be checked easily enough (or by simply opening our phones or asking the Google Assistant). Personally I would want the metrics associated with the type of exercise to be available at the top of the exercise screen and that an option exists to chose which metric. My personal goal is to walk 3 miles/day so I would want to see the mileage. 

Marcamore
First Steps

I agree 100% when i run i want to see the distance and pace simultaneously.  I think you should be able to pick the top header.  When you track an exercise that is what you want to see.  Not the time.  At least make it something you can choose.  

kimmy_K_runs
First Steps

Please make this customizable or switch it back so we can see our pace and distance at the same time - this is super important for most serious runners - we don't want to be swtiching back and forth screens to see both of these stats.  We typically don't care what time it is when running (or have a general sense of what time of day it is anyway)...  It seems that whoever decided to make this change really understood the sport of running.  I am guessing cyclists or even serious walkers feel the same. 

I recently had to get a charge 6 because my charge 5 died 13 months after purchasing - the charge 5 displayed Pace & distance simultaneously and I am very frustrated and disappointed that the new/improved charge 6 cannot do this.

Roy_Wexler
Jogger

Totally agree. I need the distance for tracking while I manage my heart rates during my run. It's a must for energy consumption and planning during long distance runs! Please bring this feature back! I was literally looking for another tracker because I don't have this option on the Charge 6. The Garmin and polar trackers have it. I may eventually switch. See polar's example: https://www.google.com/search?q=polar+tracker+exercise+screen&client=ms-android-google&sca_esv=40a49...

Penzel
Recovery Runner

Thank you for this request, I wholeheartily agree with you. The least important thing I need to see while I'm running is the time. I know roughly when I left the house, so with the (already visible) activity duration, I know quite precisely what time it is. Not that it ever matters.

Pace, heart rate and distance are by far the most important stats for me. I don't think I ever look at anything else at all while running.

Please do make the top header customizable, so everyone can choose what they prefer to see. Or let us allow to choose between which stats we scroll during the activity. If I can switch off most of the stats, I can switch easily and intuitively between the (for me) three important stats. Now I have to focus way too much on clicking on my Charge 6 to see what I need to see that it distracts me and absolutely takes some of the fun out of my running.

Thanks for taking it into consideration!

Yes this needs to be changed. No one needs the time of day when they go for a run and top of screen. But it’s good to be able to choose the metric ie I use pace as my main screen metric then like to have distance as the top item. It not correct this would mean charge 6 is less competitive with other sports watches. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.