Make more clock faces for Charge 5

We need more options for watch faces.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

31 Comments
katielcollin
Jogger

Agreed! I’m happy with the watch, but the clock faces that are available are childish and the colours are not for me. I wish they were customizable or there were much more options to choose from.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Remmahk, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making more clock faces for the Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Yøru
Jogger
I would like to ask fitbit to add more clock faces to the charge 5 more often. I would like to suggest more variety of clock faces than just ones that you choose that we have to pick. Why cant we have clock faces like the fitbit versa 2 with a lot more variety?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Yøru, thanks for sharing this product feedback about adding more clock faces to the Charge 5 with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yeah, they are impressively bad. I'm not surprised at all to find this thread. Probably it's been posted every week since launch. Are they kidding with these designs? Did they hire a high school class to do them?

Snido81
Jogger

Its good to know that LizzyFitbit took the time to post the same cut and paste resonse that all suggestions get. I wouldnt hold your breath for any more clock faces!

dariomonet
Jogger

thumbs up!

As a graphic designer, I found the graphics for the charge 5 clocks pretty ugly, I just use one or two, and there is no weather also

SMM21
Jogger

So far I am mostly happy with my new Charge 5.
The one downside however is the lack of subtle clock faces. I'd like more mostly black and white and analogue. Also more subtle digital faces. I suppose more similar to some of the charge 4 (but without the dim screen!)

Punsive1
Jogger

I concur. I would especially like better analog faces. Customizable would be ideal.

SW5880
Jogger

Agree 100%. The default face is decent for my needs but I hate having to constantly tap it to switch between metrics. THe other faces are all hot garbage. Way too much design, too little thought to function. Childish is a good way to describe them. My middle schoolers might like some of those faces. I just want easy clear access to basic data. 

Umakanth076
First Steps

Hi fit bit team,

I am very dissatisfied with the watch faces of Fitbit charge 5.every time tap the screen is very bad and add more watch faces ASAP.i have purchased with 115 dollars atleast i should get some good watch faces...try to add Temperature :thermometer:️ 

JAC-UK
First Steps

I find the current face options for the Charge 5 irritating, particularly when parts of the display is obscured. My eyesight is not what it was & I want to be able to clearly see the info I want at a glance. Could you add an option along the lines of the old "Performance" or "Stat Heavy" faces please.

nozwad
First Steps

Wow just upgraded from a charge 4 because the screen had gone too low intensity.  So the charge has a screen with double the brightness - great - but then all the clock faces reduce the size of the info I most want down to a third of the size or less.  You describe the Change 5 as a tracker and yet (unless I am missing something) none of the available clock faces seem to have a decent option for a large heart rate monitor like the charge 4 did. 
Please can we have some "clock faces" that are more about heart rate and steps and less about the time!  after all it is a TRACKER!!!!

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Remmahk and thanks for sharing this product feedback, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this feedback has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This product feedback will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a product feedback is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this product feedback while it is under consideration.

Whatishappening
First Steps

When could this be available? I agree with people on here that these are a bit childish and unusable to me except for maybe 1 or 2.

klp002
First Steps

Terrible screen choices and for anyone who needs readers to see a menu - impossible to see the data while exercising.  Please make simple screens with Heart rate and time as an option.  Skip all the "trying too hard graphics" that nobody can see easily during a workout.  

klp002
First Steps

Considering returning because Heart Rate is unreadable during workouts.  Anyone that wears readers to read a menu can't use the data during a workout.  That is a LOT of people and potential customers that will buy another brand that develops screens that are more useful and less graphic design silliness.  

kelly.br
First Steps

I don't understand how ALL options are ugly! Layout, color, geez... I'm a graphic designer and this looks like it was made by a beaver. Even Charge 3 had better options!
Also, just do a couple versions of stats heavy, nobody wants to keep tapping several times to see the stats they're looking for. I'm seriously considering returning mine.

Umakanth076
First Steps

I have requested for fitbit charge 5 watch faces even after new update no new watch faces are provided..utterly disappointed and no fitbit pay in india..provide Google wallet in india for charge 5

Planning to buy charge 6 but dropped my idea..I will shift to apple watch

Disappointed atleast you can provide watch faces and no update is not good big tiles limited customazation

kristinao7
Jogger

Please, really make new clock faces for Charge 5. There are many syggestions from the year 2021 and still nothing has been done.

kristinao7_0-1697030137701.jpeg

Some suggested this years ago, but nothing. This would be perfect for me.

Or with the same stats info but time would be shown not numbers but with pointers.

But as I can see that there are many suggestions similar to my wishes and they are posted years ago and still no development, and as there is new Charge 6, so nobody would make new features for older version. Thats sad, thats very sad.

Umakanth076
First Steps
Nothing will be done ...just buy pixel or Apple watch...
Worst experience from Fitbit

If you want retain or gain more user in India.change Fitbit pay to Google
wallet and give more charge 5 watch faces.

I hope @Fitbit support is listening
Dab-123
Base Runner

@Snido81 I am glad I am not the only one bemused with LizzyFitbit. Seems she is paid to blow off every recommendation made. I posted the same for the Sense 2 (just a classic face that has options for a selection from all the features to be displayed), after trying about half a dozen on the 3rd party app site, and I got a lecture about how that was already there on third party apps (no link of course to any) and how I could go about downloading faces.

At least she's a moderator. There are users who claim to be independent, with, mysteriously, thousands of posts, who come to blow off your points.

Almost like they're trying to avoid doing something to fix their products...I mean, I realize it might be impossible with every crazy whim posted, but a simple classic face, just how hard can that be? Why is that not the default?

Punsive1
Jogger
Thumbs up to your comment. Yes, how tough could it be to create a simple,
classic face. Think Timex!
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this product feedback. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the new firmware update version released for Charge 5. You can find more details about this update in this help article, and to explore the new clock faces follow the steps described here.

@Remmahk, in recognition of your excellent product feedback, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Umakanth076
First Steps
Very worst watch faces not expected ..will never buy Fitbit watch
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.