Manually add exercise after the fact

The alta hr relies on autorecogntion of only a few exercises. As my main exercise is strength training, this is not picked up by the tracker. I would like to be able to see what calories were burnt and heart rate info for this period of time. If I manually log the exercise, the calories do not seem to be linked to the actual data recorded.

Suggestion: amend the manual logging through the app so that I can record start and stop times for my workout manually and then the data recorded during those times is reflected in the workout I record through the app. All the app would need to do is isolate the data relevant to that period of time.

Then I could easily compare the intensity of each of my workouts. 

Moderator edit: Labels and exercise

3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Babyc614! Thank you very much for sharing your idea with us! 

I could definitely see how this could be extremely useful for users who practice activities that aren't picked up by the Fitbit.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

RasaIshaya
First Steps

How do I manually log strength training workouts. I am not able to do this under the time spent in exercise. I see no edit feature. Please advise. Thanks

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.