Stainless steel wristband for Charge 5

Make a stainless steel band for my Charge 5. I had a stainless steel band on my charge 2 and it worked well. I suspect that I am not the only person who wants a non-reactive and breathing band.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Grayth, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a stainless steel wristband for Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Jenef
First Steps

I would also like a stainless mesh band for the charge 5.  It would give a more professional appearance for wearing in an office environment.

nbukar
First Steps

I just got the Charge 5 and need to wear a metal band or I get a rash.  This is my 4th Fitbit.  Make a metal band.  Thanks.

Travis_Silva
First Steps

I would love a Fitbit charge 5 bands stainless steel mesh magnet wristband. I bought one of the amazon models and it would not stay attached to the device.

lkarels
First Steps

I too would love to see FitBit make the mesh band for the Charge 5. Perhaps one very similar to the band made for the Luxe.  The ones you find on Amazon or other retailers do not stay attached … I feel the rubber / plastic bands that come with the device are only good for swimming, or hard exercise. It would be nice to have something that’s breathable and fashionable to wear at the office. 

Martic
Base Runner

I would also like a stainless band option, the rubber ones end up breaking my wrist out.

SueinPG
Base Runner

I too hope the Charge 5 comes out with mesh band, or the stretch one I had for my Inspire HR. The one it comes with is irritating my wrist.  

SueinPG
Base Runner

Hi everyone, 

I also was hoping for a mesh band for the Charge 5, but I just ordered a different cloth looking one with a Velcro attachment. I will get it on Wednesday, hoping it will be more comfortable, I am now wearing 2 band aids under the band that came with the 5, and anti-biotic lotion to try and heal the irritations. I probably had it too tight to try and pick up my HR better, but these look much easier to adjust than the pop in adjustment now. Fingers crossed and have a great night!

KimiMom
First Steps

Definitely need a stainless steel/metal band for the Charge 5.  The other bands available are destroying the skin on my wrists.

SueinPG
Base Runner

I use the mesh bands; I ordered them through Amazon. 

lkarels
First Steps
Did you find a particular one that fits well? Any that I’ve tried don’t stay connected.
ooj
First Steps

The ones I ordered on amazon did not click/snap into place on the "nibblet" snuggly.  While it was technically secured, there was a ridiculous amount of play on both sides at the connections.  It looked very sloppy and did not come close to comparing to the ones available for the HR3 and HR4s which I had used extensively for years in the past.

Most of the reviews for any metal band on amazon (mesh or otherwise) note this defect as well.  I'm literally just waiting for someone to sell a proper fitting one, so I can throw my money at them! **sad lol**

SueinPG
Base Runner
Mine snap in great.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Cecilia51
Jogger

I am curious as to whether or not there is still interest in a stainless steel mess band for the Charge 5.  I have run into skin reactions from the Fitbit synthetic band. 

A replacement I ordered from Amazon failed to stay attached to my Fitbit.  Luckily, I tested it before taking to the trail. Woven, cloth  bands will only cause a similar problem as the synthetic.

The stainless steel band can 'dress up' the Fitbit so it looks great when not out running or hiking.

Just simething for the company to consider.

• Thank you.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.