Able to return to previous Fitbit app version

Woke up this morning to your new app. To say the least I am not impressed. It lacks color and is boring and adds nothing new to what was there before. I absolutely hate it. I am a longtime Fitbit user but this might actually change that on next purchase.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
3,179 Comments
Volcanolady
Jogger

The whole purpose of the app is to view personal data "at a glance.". That certainly did not happen this morning as I tried to decipher what was going on.

I do appreciate that the designers are trying to give us more data to help us, but I am not going to sit here and read through it every morning.  I should be able to view my data at a glance.  I think it'd be great if both were made available - the first thing I see is my data at a glance (previous format), then have a symbol where I can open everything up when I have more time.

As for the graphics - I'm sorry.  It's just ugly and bland. I understand adapting an art form from the 60's. I'm 67.  But, I've moved on.  It really is irritatingly ugly.  About 3 revisions ago was nice and calming.  (I guess art is truly in the eyes for the beholder and my eyes just aren't beholding it.)

I do appreciate the effort to want the site to be "uplifting and [have a] compassionate feeling.". I think that can be done by allowing us to have access to the old "at a glance" data and the useful raw data - when we have the time or desire to look at it and, perhaps, doing original art work...like adding calming colors.

SSWAG16
Recovery Runner

I agree with the user above.

Sezzle26493
First Steps

Please revert to the previous app design or take some of this feedback on board. Everyone I speak to IRL says the same. 

It’s ruining my experience with Fitbit so much I’m looking at other products.

Your recent update to the sleep section interface is abysmal and the last straw for me to write reviews/comments here.

Harder to digest the info, trickier to navigate. Even the score donut charts were nice and easier to quickly compare days. You’ve buried the score in tiny text. It’s so uninspiring. Honestly, I don’t know why you broke a great thing. It’s so disappointing. Colours picked are dire. 

I know this sounds incredibly dramatic but I truly am so dissatisfied with the app, and as it’s half the product that feeling spans to Fitbit as a whole. I would no longer recommend as a product. 

I understand the Google takeover but I don’t understand why this sparked/required such an extreme app redesign.

Granamber
Recovery Runner
I agree the new sleep changes are dreadful
stellafred
Sprinter

Face it; Fitbit is done. I say this with great sadness, having used one daily from March 2014 through July 2023. Over those years I owned seven different devices and loved all of them…until my Charge 5 was bricked last summer. Reluctantly I moved on to a different brand, that I am very happy with. I do still miss my Fitbits, but there’s no future there. 😢

wildwilly018
Base Runner

Found out this morning the sleep part has changed now also. Pretty much un readable now. Terrible crap. Could figure out all the categories before but not now. Jumbled all to hell. 

Delly090
Recovery Runner
Google are a bloody joke, they have ruined a great product with this utter
incompetence.
Nobody and I mean nobody wants this new app.
johannadhall
Jogger

I thought the conspiracy theories were untrue that Google did not buy Fitbit in order to ruin it and induce users to buy their product. But now that I have seen how they ruined the sleep stats, I believe it. I am distraught. sleeps Stats  were why I originally got the Fitbit. They have taken away restoration and made an unreadable Graph. Why why why?

mobyfit
Jogger
my step count is never accurate when synced from watch to app either

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
mobyfit
Jogger
my fitbit is now just an overpriced pedometer. The app is totally useless - I had 4,860 steps when I synced and now watch AND app say i had only done 980.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.
Lynn3046
Recovery Runner
it is under Benchmark and it is readable and very clear. The other is hard
to read.
Lynn3046
Recovery Runner
Go into your sleep and move the bottom from sleep stages to benchmark. it
is readable
TanyaLothian
First Steps

WHY???? The new sleep graph isn’t readable…. Who tested this? Who thought this was a good idea? I give up. PLEASE listen to existing  Fitbit users… stop messing with what works and ruining it. 

Lynn3046
Recovery Runner
It is readable on the benchmark site from the sleep site. On the bottom first shows the stages then the benchmark. Use that. Works great
Sent from my iPhone
JASbiker
Jogger
This change to the sleep data is one more nail in the coffin...absolutely
asinine!
wildwilly018
Base Runner

Lynn3046 still isn't any better in benchmark. The old one had separate graphs for each category. In each one you could see how long and when each thing was happening. Like in awake I could see when I was awake and how long during the night. Those graphs were a whole lot more useful to me than this. I kinda count on this fitbit as I have for yrs for these things that they are screwing up. Heartrate realtime is important to me. I have tried a couple other reasonably priced watches, but they don't have realtime heartrate. When I look at my watch I see exactly what it is.  

Lynn3046
Recovery Runner
I personally like the size of the charge 5, which is why I still use it. I
like a smaller faced watch so this is it. The others have more then I want
or need.
1GinnyME1
Strider

Honestly, no one at Fitbit looks at these comments unless it's a negative issue or has a competitors brand in it. I think you know what to do, the same as what most people already did even before the sleep stages was basically "discontinued" so much so it's not worth the effort by complaining. 

Dgriff
Jogger

I complained about the update on Tuesday it has now stopped functioning altogether. Contacted Fitbit, it is still not working. Sorry but this is poor poor service 

johnrdinicola
Base Runner
It is working one simple post I made generates 4 or 5 people responding a
day
johnrdinicola
Base Runner
Yep, one post has generated an out pouring up unhappiness. I get 4 or 5 a
day from people
1GinnyME1
Strider

I know. I get all the emails too. It's going on a year since I got my Sense 2 not knowing they had a messed up firmware and endless app updates that they have no intention on fixing. My birthday is 4/27, great time to get a new one that matches the same as my Android phone. If Google wasn't so greedy, they should have loyal customers still. C'est la vi

Maryjo6619
First Steps
Yes seen that myself, what a jumbled mess. I didn't think it could get any
worse, I was wrong
Phylmill
Stepping Up

I agree with all the negative comments regarding the new Fitbit app. It is horrible and not user friendly!!!

johnrdinicola
Base Runner
Yeah I think by next year will only google watches
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.