Support Pebble Watchfaces and Apps

Now that fitbit has officially bought Pebble’s assets, it’d make a lot of sense for fitbit to add some Pebble-like features to its existing line or announce a program for Pebble-like additions to new products. The apps and watchfaces built for Pebble products can really open up new possibilities for fitbit trackers and smartwatches. If Pebble developpers were to get a clear signal about what might be coming, they could help fitbit in a very significant way.

10 Comments
Dakotart
First Steps

Win Win suggestion to Fitbit from Pebble 2 owner.

Since Fitbit's purchase of some Pebble software assets, I would like to suggest that Fitbit offer a fee based support of the software on the Pebble 2 devices.

Then there is a better option. Fitbit offers the Pebble 2 owners a "trade in" of sort applied to an upgraded Fitbit product.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

gonewandering
Jogger

I have a Pebble Time Round, I bought it about six months ago and love it. I like that it looks like an Analog watch but is a smart watch. Will Fitbit allow my Pebble to work with their app? Will they make a device like my Time Round, that I can afford? (Blaze is ugly and over priced, sorry) Or should I start looking for a new smartwatch / fitness tracker?? I have a BlackBerry Classic and love that too.... So yeah I'm not normal.

Please help me continue not being normal.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Enkerli thanks for your suggestion. We've just launched the Fitbit Ionic which has an App Gallery and customizable watch faces. The SDK is available to third-party developers now so they can start building apps for the Fitbit App Gallery. Developers can build any type of app for Fitbit Ionic, ranging from new types of exercising apps to clock faces and more. At launch, Ionic will offer Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and Strava apps. The App Gallery will continue to expand with more popular apps expected this Fall. If there were any other specific products you had in mind from Pebble previously, please feel free to add a new suggestion. Thanks!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

As Liz mentioned, the SDK is now available so developers can create Ionic applications or clock faces, but Fitbit won't support Pebble ones. Please keep in mind that those are two different platforms. You can already find some of them that has already been developed for Ionic in the App Gallery.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Rugburn
First Steps
  • Bring back Pebble brand. They have a huge following and you would sell a lot of watches. I would buy one tomorrow.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Rugburn! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

In 2016 pebble was purchased from fitbit and today the devices can be used using third-party servers.It would be great if you were to create a new pebble with all the fitness features of fitbits but with the software fantastco and pebble functions, you would have numerous requests for these smartwatches. Many people can't wait to come back

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit products. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Rugburn
First Steps
Bring back the Pebble brand of a premium smart watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rugburn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see support for Pebble watches on Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.