Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Needed to Create Educational App

I am looking for a developer to assist in creating and designing an app to help educate students.  It would be a perfect time for technology and education to assist students, schools and families.  The app would be used in every school in the US, every school!  Furhtermore funding is readily available for such devices as used in accordice with educational guidelines.   I am an elementary school counselor and what I have used in the past would be amazing for kids if it was used in an application.  The school where I work won a National Blue Ribbon, our nations highest honor for a school.  A large portion of why we are successful is because of what I have designed and used, it would be so amazing if it could be done using a fitbit or another wearable watch.  I have contacted fitbit about my proposal and thought this would be another avenue.  I'm used to how schools work and not large corporations.  Anyone interested in changing the lives of students?  

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14
You've not described the type of watch app you want and what it needs to do.
Best Answer

And is every student expected to purchase their own Fitbit Versa/Fitbit Ionic?

Best Answer
No, there are many sources for getting students the watch and application as I will lay out briefly.  Firstly many students that need the application are Special Education students.  Funding has been set aside for Special Ed students as part of the Federal law and funding has been set aside for needs in their IEP's.  The school would be required to purchase the watch and the application if part of their IEP.  Secondly, please understand, the application we are using now is 85 percent successful, at that rate the demand is quite high because it deals with schools toughest challenge, and that is behaviors.  We have a decade of data and knowledge to create an amazing wearable application.  Lastly schools now are at almost a one to one ratio with devices. Ipads, chromebooks and laptops are common even at elementary schools.  The purchase of a 250 dollar device with a success rate at 85 percent for behaviors, is well worth the expense as well as in academic time gained.  Gained not only by the individual student with the wearable but the other students in the classroom.  Its a slam dunk for purchases of the program.   We know its a race, someone is going to latch on to this because it works.  We can be first.  We don't have the programming skills but we do have a slam dunk program with data to show that it works.  We have 30 years in behavior change with students, we have 0 seconds in programming.  We use data tapped into excel sheets now that tracks data over time.  What we could do with a wearable would be exciting.  Please if you have any desire or want more information please let me know. May I ask, what are your skills in creating wearable applications.  Is this something that interests you?  Lastly, think about all the schools in the US alone, the pool for penitential sales is huge.    
Here is some background on me. Barron Area School District - About Myself - JOHN ELLENSON

|
|
| |
Barron Area School District - About Myself - JOHN ELLENSON

|

|

|
Best Answer

For further detail on the application needed:  We are in need of an application that monitors behaviors and feelings through out the day.  The ability to input data and track time date, heart rate, as well as a Likert data and intervention suggestions would be great.  We have additional "dreams" about what the app could do, but the basics would cover that.  Please if you have any knowledge, skill or desire to partner with us let us know.   

Best Answer

It is a good idea, did you finished this app?

Best Answer

I think that education in our days is hard for every student and this app will be a great help for each student.

Best Answer

It is a good idea, did you finished this app? I think that education in our days is hard for every student and this app will be a great help for each student. Every year more and more subjects are added to the school curriculum. But this year was even more difficult because of the worldwide pandemic. Children studied at home, but it didn't make learning any easier. I think it was even more difficult because the lessons and homework were difficult, and in the same time the children had a lot of stress and worries because of the virus.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey my friend, can you tell me pls how are you doing with creating the app? hope everything is fine!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This week I thought about how we could use the data to change children’s lives and impact education in a meeting. Every school could use it nationwide for students and families. It’s still an amazing idea and an incredibly useful concept. We learned that our district would take credit/future profits for working on the app and this hindered the ability to continue. If there was funding to implement it, I know it would be helpful educationally for schools and immensely profitable for whoever invested. Any ideas or thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is an interesting idea. I think the hardest part would be getting data from the watch into your system. The Fitbit environment doesn't support copying files. Each watch would need to communicate with its 'companion' (the user's phone) every so often, and each phone would need to send its data to an internet server (which a school may be able to host). This is difficult to do, and suffers reliability challenges.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Hello @jcellenson 

Hope you are doing great !!

I would be happy to assist you in creating and designing. If you want I can share our work with you.

I can help you out as per your requirement.

To discuss further you can reach out to me at mail: surbhi.jain@canopusinfosystems.in

Looking forward to hearing from you !!

Regards

Surbhi

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still working on the app and additional hardware for this project. It is closer. I am still in need of technical assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have found a new way to collect the data I need from individual students as well as other data points. I am in need of technical assistance but am getting closer. 

Best Answer

I have spent a lot of energy and time and I am getting closer to a product to test. The educational impact could be significant, the data we have shows we can change behaviors, thus improving student learning. Thanks for asking. I haven't been back here in awhile, just keeping my head down and trying to come up with solutions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes