Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Track hand before touching face

Hey,

So with the current coronavirus outbreak one of the simplest things that can prevent infection is to minimise/avoid touching your face unnecessarily. The IMU fitted to presumably every fitbit device should be able to roughly detect when someone is about to touch their face with the watch hand (with a series of assumptions) and in turn provide a warning (vibrate).

I understand this is not a complete solution for people touching their face, however considering how prolific fitbit hardware is it could be something that might atleast make fitbit users more aware of when they do.

I guess this would be more or less possible with fitbit devices that run fitbitos since you are able to develop custom applications that presumably have access to IMU data. I guess fir the trackers you really need to speak to someone at fitbit and convince a firmware dev that it's worth trying to roll out updated firmware.

• Anyway, just a thought. I'm not going to try and develop for fitbitos since my tracker is just an inspire (which does not run fitbitos). Would be keen to hear if anyone else is interested or has a crack.

Cheers,

Lindsay

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

The suggestion has been made here - click to view - in the Feature Suggestions area of the forum. You might want to share your post there, @linzoi 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes