Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the app/clock review system in Gallery App Manager still working?

Has anyone here got an app/clock reviewed in the Gallery App Manager this year? I submitted an update for review in Jan 2, and its status is still "Waiting". In the past it would take only a few days for review, so I want to know if the review system is still working. Thanks.  

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @r.b - they may be on holiday, there don't seem to have been any reviews this year, see what happens next week. Hopefully things will resume normally and it's not part of some layoffs and restructuring.

Google is also removing Google assistant features, and Fitbit Sense and Versa 3 are also affected.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Thank you, @Guy_ . Let's hope it is just an extended holiday, and things will resume soon.

Best Answer

Hello! Can you tell me why is taking so long to approve the clock faces, from 3-5 days, to a week, and now to over 2-3 weeks? Thank you and have a nice day! 

Best Answer

This seems to be the situation since the start of this year. You may check my similar question in this thread.

Best Answer

@r.b- it's nearly 3 weeks, I also submitted an update for review at the beginning of January, there seems to be no activity from the gallery support team for reviews or emails. Will do some investigations.

Best Answer

Thank you, and let's still hope (though hope is gradually fading) that our Fitbit support team return back soon.

Best Answer

I wrote them and no answer! The fact that this is ruining the work/time spent  of us all and no official explanation….

Best Answer

Hi@r.b  @ClockView - After several escalations there has been no response.

You can monitor this by checking the dwindling "recently added" clocks list in the Gallery, as the expiration of recently added status for new entries reaches an end.

The two posts are merged.

Best Answer

Hi @Guy_ , @ClockView and all, there is a very good news that the Fitbit app support is back! Many submissions of this year seem to have been reviewed and started appearing in the "recently added" section. Thank you, Fitbit team!  

Best Answer

I edited my last post to update the latest status.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i already saw 2 clock faces created on 8th of January, and i thought about it! Still waiting for mine to be approved to see if they are still back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@r.b @ClockView - still no response to escalations but it does seem some approvals are being done, for how long we don't know yet, or why the outage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it seems more than 15 clocks are already reviewed and accepted in this lot, and luckily mine was one of them. I hope the support continues from here without any such long break.

Best Answer

Good news! My update has been approved after (just) 4 days.

Best Answer