Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make clockfaces for Versa4 and Sense2

I made a clockface called Sentinel for tracking the continuous glucose monitor data of multiple kids, adults, or self tracking. I stopped with Sense and Versa3 support after Fitbit/Google decided to stop being cool. After digging around online you can see that the github for the fitbit toolchain includes build support for hera and rhea (as of a few months ago). If you install node js version 14, and use the fitbit cli with the sdk-cli versions indicated on the github, and add hera and rhea as build targets, you too can once again make clockfaces for the latest fitbit smartwatches. Just do some searches, review the fitbit cli documentation, and that's it. Now, there are some people here that chime in way too much but don't provide any useful information. I don't get why they continue to hang out here, but if you ignore them and search for your own answers, things aren't that bad. I hope one day Fitbit will be cool again.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @rc26 - were you able to publish your app for the Versa 4 and Sense 2?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same question as @Guy_ when I follow the Github page https://github.com/cmengler/fitbit-app-versa4 and try to build my clockface I get this error 

> fitbit-build

[14:55:04][error][build] package.json One or more build targets was invalid: hera, rhea
[14:55:04][error][build] package.json Error: Project configuration is invalid
Build failed with code: 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi@4IsDesign - did you use the correct SDK in the package.json and install the correct SDK Node modules? Try deleting the package-lock.json and try again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
"devDependencies": {
    "@fitbit/sdk": "~6.1.0",
    "@fitbit/sdk-cli": "^1.7.3"
  },
Node.js version 18.14.1
Renamed the package-lock.json file and still getting the same error.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@4IsDesign - see the original link package.json settings for the SDK version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can "build" for Sense 2 and Versa 4 if you use SDK version "~7.2.0-pre.0". I used the following code in package.json, and the project was built without any error. However, I don't know if the built code runs on actual devices (I could not test it because I own none of the above watches).

"devDependencies": {
    "@fitbit/sdk": "~7.2.0-pre.0",
    "@fitbit/sdk-cli": "^1.7.3"
  },
    "buildTargets": [
      "rhea",
      "hera"
    ],

Best Answer

Still getting the same error as before.  I tried to update my sdk and sdk-cli files, but it does not appear to have done anything.  Should I remove the node_modules folder I have now and re-run 

Will this download the latest files of sdk and sdk-cli I need to be compatible with rhea and hera?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, does your app Sentinel work with Versa-2 now? Does it work with Sense? What app and watch do you use to track multiple people?

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes