Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and would like to learn to make clock faces

I tried the fitbit studio and watched a video Called "making a Basic Clock face with Fitbit studio. right off i cant set the device at all Names of extensions are a little different  ( GUI is called index) 

Can someone point me to a good video or offer help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

There were some changes moving from SDK4 to SDK5; that might be what you're up against. The changes are described in the 'Migration' section here.

It may be easier to just start with a clockface for the current SDK version. I think Studio has options for this, or see the Fitbit guides.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thanks. I did read the migration section you pointed out. The problem seems to be that I can’t assign a device  and then connect ( as the video states. So I can’t run the sample clock to even start learning. It states that the build is for verse 3 and sense but doesn’t assign a device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you using CLI or Studio? What kind of device (watch type or simulator) are you trying to connect?

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m using the studio.  Trying to work on a sense.  
After looking though many of the YouTube vids, it would be nice if some newer ones were done to show sense and versa 3.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Studio and Sense should work fine together. It will be easier to start with one of the Studio clockface template projects and official guides.

I'm guessing this topic should probably be in the SDK forum section.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

moving topic to SDK forums

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes