Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite: Cannot Load Via GAM Private Link

ANSWERED

I am helping my son to build a clockface for his Versa Lite. We've created a simple clockface that works in the simulator and uploaded it in GAM. However, when we visit the private link there is no install option; it simply says "Available to Install from the Fitbit Mobile App" and has a button to copy the link. It's obviously not; we've not submitted for review. How do we actually install clockface on the device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

38.70.7.14 is indeed the latest SDK 4.1, so that isn't the problem.

If you're trying to open the link using a widish-screen device, it may not provide the option to install the app. A way around this is to try to append /openapp to the link (URL).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I should add: The Versa Lite is running firmware version 38.70.714 (I cannot seem to find confirmation as to whether this is the latest) and I tried building with SDK versions 4.0 and 4.1 with the same results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

38.70.7.14 is indeed the latest SDK 4.1, so that isn't the problem.

If you're trying to open the link using a widish-screen device, it may not provide the option to install the app. A way around this is to try to append /openapp to the link (URL).

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Clever -- that worked on an iPad. Fitbit folks should probably consider improving the responsiveness of that particular page. I was trying on three different devices, all of which didn't work in some way, before trying your /openapp trick. Thanks -- there will be a happy kid in the morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that's an unfortunate solution to an unfortunate problem.

Plum son: well done; have fun!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes