Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web api no json data but data in fitbit app

Hi all,

I have a small project with 600 respondees who all wear an inspire 3 watch. They are all connected with my project and gave consent that I may use their data for research. For about 25 of them I receive a json as if they do not wear the watch. But in their fitbit app the right data is shown

This is an example of a json I receive when I want the daily summary

{'activities': [], 'goals': {'activeMinutes': 30, 'caloriesOut': 2603, 'distance': 8.05, 'steps': 10000}, 'summary': {'activeScore': -1, 'activityCalories': 0, 'caloriesBMR': 1565, 'caloriesOut': 1565, 'distances': [{'activity': 'total', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'tracker', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'loggedActivities', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'veryActive', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'moderatelyActive', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'lightlyActive', 'distance': 0}, {'activity': 'sedentaryActive', 'distance': 0}], 'fairlyActiveMinutes': 0, 'lightlyActiveMinutes': 0, 'marginalCalories': 0, 'sedentaryMinutes': 1440, 'steps': 0, 'veryActiveMinutes': 0}}

Had anyone else had the same problem and found a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

HI @DirkR - a common problem with the new V4 Fitbit App is people tend to get their phone connected to the Fitbit App account instead of, or as well as, the device. This can cause all sorts of issues most often detected by odd calories or missing HR.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Guy_ 

Thank you for your response. I'll look if this is the case.

Best Answer
0 Votes