Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 to Sense 1 : Worth the upgrade?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Versa 2 for ~3 years and I absolutely love it. But my eye has been attracted by a Craigslist listing selling a Sense 1 for 90$. I've thought of upgrading to it in the past, but never did. But now that prices are low... And I think the Sense is a magnificent device, but I am still debating the purchase. It's definitely a device I want, but on paper it doesn't seem like there are a lot of differences.

Could someone help me reach a conclusion?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I usually advise if you are happy with what you have, there's no reason to change.  I often read of people thinking they are getting an "upgrade" but not liking the change.  But I am sure there are plenty who love their upgrade who don't bother posting here about it.  If you have your heart set on a Sense and have the $, I suppose try it.  Probable the biggest difference is Sense has the on-demand ECG capability; seems neat at first but if not at particular risk, likely quickly forgotten.  Also Sense has a touch plate which doesn't move, instead of push button; some like it, some find it finicky and tough to tell when activated.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I had my Versa 2 for around a year and really like that watch, it was my first FitBit after wearing Android watches for around 6 years. I recently bought a new open box Sense for around $90 on eBay. Like you, I had nothing wrong with my Versa, just wanted a new watch and I like the look of the Sense and the infinity band. As mentioned above I don't consider the Sense an "upgrade", I just consider it a newer watch, and new to me. So far I have had no issues with my Sense, it is working just as good as the Versa 2 did. I do some some of the newer watch faces better. And the screen seems to be a little more crisp & clear; at least to me. All in all, for me it was a good purchase and I am happy with it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @finral11 - if you use your Versa 2 for exercises, the Sense HR can be an issue, also if you use notifications, timers and alarms the weaker vibrations may be an issue too.

You will also have to use the built-in GPS with the Sense and may not find the same clock faces.

The Sense has on watch Google Assistant and ability to take calls and for that price might be fun to try.

You can't have both watches installed in the app at the same time.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes