Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General review about the Fitbit Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like Fitbit. But after using a Sense for about 8 months, I come to the conclusion that, with all its bells and whistles, Sense was a bite more than Fitbit could chew. And that's a pity, because it's affecting the brand's prestige, in my opinion.

The only feature I find GOOD since the beginning is the new ECG graphs, totally approved by my cardiologist, besides FDA and other countries Health Authorities. But not its Afib auto-detection, though. It works poorly.

SpO2 seems ok and useful, in line with clinical measurements I did.

Steps seem also ok, but who wouldn't expect that after years of experience?

GPS: just bearly enough. But I rather use my phone's GPS, which is clearly more accurate. The question is: could we expect more of a GPS in a smartwach with so many features?

As for the rest?

Heart rate (HR): useful when you learn how to use it and its pitfalls. As with several other features, it's a pity the manual and help pages don't warn you enough about what can often go wrong.

The same with HR dependent features, like Calories and Active Zone Minutes. I find them useful to compare different days, but quite rough, mostly in absolute values. We must learn first what can affect their values.

Resting Heart Rate seems good enough, though. It requires no hand movements, which are the weakest point of HR readings.

Floors: still a disaster. Useless.

As for the other features, I really don't know whether I can trust them or not. So, I just look at them, try the EDA just for curiosity, but don't take them seriously. Why would I?

So, Fitbit: please continue trying to improve Sense's software (many of us are not willing to buy a new expensive Fitbit every year) and be more careful on next devices. Maybe including less but more reliable and accurate features?

(cont.)

BATTERY. In spite of complaints from several users, I think it is still one of Sense's strongest points. Actually, it was one of the main reasons why I chose to buy a Sense, 8 months ago, and on this feature I have not regretted so far. For me, each battery charge lasts from 1 to 3 days, depending on the kind of use and the features I have switched on. GPS, e.g., uses a lot of battery. Not using GPS nor ECG, I easily get 3 days until I reach 25% of total battery charge. Not bad at all, comparing to other competing brands.

Using Fitbit Sense since December 2020, with phone Samsung Galaxy J5 2017

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and merged reply
40 REPLIES 40
I have a new problem with my fit bit sense. All of my friends are showing up as inactive . I have updated the app, they can see me but I can not see them except as inactive people in my friends list . Please would appreciate any suggestions 😏

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes