Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Fitbit email about the Sense real?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

"Hi,

This is Fitbit Customer Support. Thanks for your purchase of Fitbit Sense.

We identified a hardware issue with your device that could affect its ability to work properly. Please return the device to us. We’ll provide you with a prepaid return label.

To ensure the best possible Fitbit experience, we’re providing you with a replacement free of charge. Please keep all original accessories, such as your charging cable and band. You’ll receive a replacement device only.

After we receive your shipping details, you’ll receive an email message with the next steps for your replacement and then we’ll expedite a new Fitbit Sense to you.

Reply to this email message and provide us with the following information:
- Full name:
- Street address (line 1):
- Street address (line 2):
- City:
- Postal code:
- Phone number:
- Email address associated with your Fitbit account:

If you have any questions, please reply to this email message or visit: help.fitbit.com

Sincerely,

Joseph RL. and the Fitbit Team

Join the growing Fitbit Community! Get answers. Stay motivated. Find Fitbit friends."

Tried to ask from chat is this legit email from Fitbit but no respons now. Anyone else got email like this? I bought mine about week ago and it has worked quite well.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Forums. @13Odyssey, thanks for the heads up!

@Mustis1@NicPaul@CM2020@yojacko and @Nicolas1988, thanks for sharing detailed information about the email you've received. I understand your concern and I went ahead to contact our Support team. I was told this email is legit and it was sent to you because of some hardware issues detected on your Sense. While I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to reply back to their email so they can continue helping you and providing with more details about your watch.

For the ones that are having issues with your Sense, in order to keep the Community organized and to avoid misunderstandings, I'd recommend to open a new thread and provide as many details as you can about your question to receive help from the Community.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Hi @Mustis1  I've asked a moderator to stop by to assist you with this. You sound like me and like to verify when you get an unusual email. Thanks for stopping by the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

i received this as well...and why i am here. it looks way fishy to me

Best Answer

@NicPaul  I'm sure a moderator will be by to address both of you. Glad you found us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

Best Answer

I received this email this morning as well, I'm glad this is already being looked into. I will wait to hear the results then, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like a total scam to me.

Best Answer

The body of the email itself is structured like a legit email from Fitbit, except I'm used to seeing these only after I've had to initiate an inquiry. Unless there is a batch of these that has fallen under a recall, I don't see why Fitbit would be sending a message like this pre-emptively.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received the same email tonight. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

The elephant in the room is how did they know the emails of people with fitbit?
Was fitbit hacked?

Best Answer

This sounds a bit sankey to me. I'll tell you, You send me my new Sense, and after I find out it works perfectly, and is brand new, I'll return you mine. Got a deal??

Best Answer

I received this email too so I contacted the Fitbit Support on Twitter, and here is their answer:

« Thanks for the screenshot you sent. Please now that this is a legit email from us. This email was auto-generated because our system has detected that your Sense has possible hardware issue. So we can replace it with the same model in good condition, please respond to the email our support has sent. We're sorry for the inconvenience but this is for your safety too. Please know that this is free of charge. »

hope it helps

Best Answer

I assume the actual reply said 'Please NOTE that this is a legit email from us.'  Doubt the official response would have been 'now' instead of 'note'

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I know but it is the certified support on Twitter. I don't know what to think...

Capture d’écran 2020-11-29 à 15.22.04.png

Best Answer

good job!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still seems dodgy to me as they didn't answer the hardware issue question!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am very intrigued to understand what the hardware issue might be. I am on my third unit, and while this device is a beautiful thing in terms of its features, there is definitely no shortage of problems.

My original went back because of the known HR issue. The second had the same problem plus it repeatedly shut itself down, mid workout and all... The current one still has the HR issue (probably a software problem, which the OS update did NOT fix), and yesterday I had an intermittent charger connection issue which I hope was a fluke.

Again, the features are amazing, but I'm a bit uneasy about the robustness of the device and hope to learn more as to what this hardware issue is. I did not receive an email from Fitbit (not yet, anyway).

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would be nice what the hardware issue is and how to identify if your watch is affected.

Stephan

Best Answer

A factory reset after the Google Assistant update fixed my sleep scores and stress scores, for the moment anyway, but my EDA scan still says my HRV is undetectable every single time. Tells me to sit still, even though I am. Just a buggy watch. Hopefully things get better with updates.

BW
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, I bet this is why Amazon pulled their Fitbit Sense page from the 21st to the 23rd. I bet Fitbit notified them that there were faulty products in the distribution stream, and Amazon had to make sure to pull the bad ones so they didn't get sold. I hope that Target/Walmart/BestBuy/etc. all did the same thing. Maybe it's safer to buy the Sense from Amazon right now. I see that Fitbit previously used the same language when notifying customers of a Charge 3 defect: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Charge-3-Replacement-Offer/td-p/3056336. I assume that if enough customers were affected, the tech websites will report about it soon. I just hope that they give you folks brand new Fitbit Sense replacements, and not refurbs.

Best Answer

I bought my Sense from Amazon (sold by Amazon) on 11/25/20 and I still received this recall email.

Best Answer