Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stopped tracking my heart rate and sleep data

My sense has not tracked sleep since September 2023. It's not tracking my heart rate either. I have tried ALL the suggestions. Still not working. What now?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there, @Tjenn. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense is not tracking your heart rate nor sleep data. I will do my best to help you! 

I would recommend you to check this article to know what factors can affect heart rate and also some tips to fix your heart rate reading, also, double check how you wear your Sense.

Keep in mind that heart rate readings are key to receive your sleep stages data. For more information, see Why don't I see sleep stages today? 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I am experiencing the exact same issue with my Versa 2. No issues up until Thursday, May 16. All of sudden, my sleep data has not recorded or my Health Metrics, and all because my heart rate is not being recorded. My heart rate said 59bpm during an intense workout, and I had to restart my device. I woke up the next day to no sleep data again only to realize that my heart rate only recorded for 40 minutes after I restarted my device the previous day. This is not user error as I am using my device no differently, but my data is suddenly NOT BEING RECORDED.

Best Answer

Same except I don't seem to have the green LEDs that would record the heat rate

Best Answer

I have this exact same issue with my Fitbit Sense and have also tried ALL of the support articles without successfully fixing the problem. @MarreFitbit what are suggested next steps when the support documentation is not working?

Best Answer
Seems like my Sense no longer has the described LEDs that are required for
detection of heart rate or sleep mode data.
Please advise.

Barbara A Stewart, MD, FCCP, FAAP
Pediatric Pulmonologist
Best Answer

I am having the same problems on my SENSE and have tried EVERYTHING. In the article suggested. I even went back to factory defaults and did the update. Everything worked fine uptntonthe first week in May 2024, now there's no heart or Sleep tracking.  WHAT AM I TO DO?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the very same problems on my SENSE and have tried EVERYTHING in the article suggested. I even went back to factory defaults and did the update. Everything worked fine up to the first week in May 2024, now there's no heart rate or sleep data tracking. I haven't changed anything about the way I wear or handle my watch. It almost feels like this is an update/software issue. After trying everything with no success, WHAT AM I TO DO? This is extremely frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here with my sense. I feel like this is an update/software issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been on the phone with fitbit support. The latest software update was on April 30th 2024. Suddenly, during the first week in May, my SENSE stopped detecting heart rate and sleep. I AM CONVINCED THIS IS A SOFTWARE PROBLEM. However, Fitbit is telling me my watch is 6mos over the 1 year warranty, so I have to purchase a new watch. 😡😡😡 

I baby my watch, I don’t even shower with it out of fear of damaging it. FITBIT NEEDS TO CORRECT THIS ISSUE!

Best Answer
0 Votes