Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense screen stuck with blue diamond

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Replaced a 3 1/2 year old Fitbit Ionic (bought in Dec 2017) that stopped working with a Fitbit Sense on 7 July 2021.

Worked fine for 3 weeks. Got up to run this morning and the Exercise app would not open. Read the community posts and tried a shutdown from the settings menu and restart. Exercise app still would not open. Tried a 10 second button restart. Blue diamond. Tried several more 10 second resets. Tried multiple consecutive 10 second resets. Tried to remove and readd device on iphone. Nothing but  blue diamond for several hours.

No telephone support on weekends. Live chat does not work (probably not manned on weekends). Not going to set up a twitter account just to send an email to customer support.

Please help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @ReallyUnhappy. Welcome on board.

Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, as well as trying to contact our Support team. I'm sorry you've gone through this experience and because your watch isn't working as it should, I went to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created. It seems they're providing you with assistance, so please follow their instructions and keep the communication with them.

Have a good day.

Best Answer

I have the same problem, the Sense is about 2 years old, and woke today with just the blue diamond.  I cant contact support as live chat link is not working, i don'T have a twitter account, and every Youtube and Google answer is hold these three buttons down to no avail.  I hope you get a answer as i cant place a support ticket

Best Answer

Hi @Shauna55  -  Probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

It should be fixable.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

This happened to me too when it was a few weeks old.  I still don't have a new one yet (5 weeks later), but I am wondering if the third party watch faces could cause this if they are buggy?   Were you using one?

Best Answer
Hi

No we left the regular clock face.  Not really into all that to be
honest and the regular clock face is suitable.

SJ
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for answering.  This is good to know - so getting stuck on the blue diamond screen is more fundamental problem, not just buggy third party software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Shauna55@Guy_ and @danig8 Thanks for your insights and suggestions.

@Shauna55 Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, and for trying to get in touch with us. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense, and rest assured know this feedback won't be taken for granted.

I went ahead to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. Your case is in good hands, so please follow their instructions and keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure would be nice to see the answer.  Mine is stubbornly stuck too.  Nothing but the stupid diamond.  It goes black after reset, but comes back with the perpetual diamond.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does anybody recommend a different brand?  I'm pretty frustrated with this one.  Garmin?

Best Answer

I finally got a representative that played the corporate line but admits that the blue diamond (also known as a bricked unit in the PC world) that is  dead and cannot be hard rebooted or brought back to life.  It's dead!   Fitbit upgrades their firmware automatically and if the install fails, it is "bricked" I was advised, so bad luck!

Best Answer

Hi there, @hate_windows and @Shauna55.

@hate_windows I understand how frustrating this can be and thanks for troubleshooting your Sense. I noticed you already have a case created and I'd recommend getting back to them. That way our team can evaluate what else can be done to bring you back on track.

@Shauna55 Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, I apologize for the experience that you've had. Because this isn't the experience that we want you to have, I went ahead to check your details, and it seems our Support team sent you an email with more information. Because it's been a while since then, I've requested a new case on your behalf so you can receive assistance. Keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also would like assistance with the same issue as my Sense is stuck on the blue diamond. I’ve rebooted numerous times with no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like help also- mine has the blue Diamond sine yesterday afternoon. What are our options? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old is your sense? Mine is not old because they had to replace one that died after a year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Mine was replaced about a year ago. It started rebooting itself early yesterday and now it’s permanently stuck on the blue diamond 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It appears that we all need some customer support 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit finally advised me that once you're in that situation, it is or has become "bricked".    They sent out an update and thousands of peoples update failed so the install was only partial, so the software is ruined.  You cannot install new software as it cannot be hard wired to a PC and software cannot be downloaded to re-install.  So it is dead.  The blue diamond is like the old square cursor on an old computer monitor blinking.  Powers on but no software to run, so you can't reboot your watch hoping it will find the start up sequence.

It is gone now.  The start up sequence internally and the software is corrupted so all you will get is the power on blue diamond.    Fitbit responded to me like this.....

"Thanks for every step tried prior to posting, and for trying to get in touch with us. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense, and rest assured know this feedback won't be taken for granted.

I went ahead to review your details and I noticed you already have a case created with our Support team. Your case is in good hands, so please follow their instructions and keep an open communication with them.

Have a good one."

The support team told me the watch is now bricked....."https://www.techopedia.com/definition/24221/bricking" this will explain better!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I finally spoke with someone in customer support and although they didn’t provide all the details it was obvious to me by the end of the call that my Fitbit Sense was bricked/kaput/functionally dead.

Best Answer
0 Votes