Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense stuck on Fitbit logo

I dropped my Sense face down on tile (it had a screen protector on it so the face didn't break)since then the fitbit logo is flashing and won't do anything else.  I have tried restarting it, I  followed other instructions I have seen  including removing it from the app and can't get it to do anything including re-adding it.  Is it time for a new one???  Did I really break it???

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there, @newuserPam15. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense is still stuck on the Fitbit logo is still crashing itself suddenly. I will do my best to help you with this!

As our last resort, I'd recommend performing a factory reset on your Sense. Important: Take into consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account, your applications, alarms, etc. 

With the above being said, please sync your Sense and then, proceed with the steps below in the order listed: 

1. Hold the back button for about 8 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears:
    1. Release the button briefly (for less than 2 seconds). 
    2. Hold the button again until you feel a second, longer vibration, which indicates you initiated the factory reset. 

You can follow the steps to set up the device after that: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

The process listed that Marre provided does work, however, it may take you several tries because the timing is quite sensitive.  If you miss it by even a little bit, the Fitbit won't reboot properly.  If successful, it will chime and ask you to update the software on it.  This took me 4 times to get (after I bought a Sense 2) thinking my original Sense was broken for the same reason.

Best Answer

@LeaderSmall Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad to hear that the steps I recommended above did the trick for you. I appreciate you taking the time to add that clarification, I agree, timing is key to properly complete the factory reset. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer