Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't stay connected to my iPhone's Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can’t do screenshots, but last two days on my iPhone app a pop up message says “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Sense would like to pair with your iPhone and then a green fix it bar Pair Sense with your phone for a better connection (and a Fixit button)… anyone know why this just recently started and possible fix?  Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @dgreene99. Thanks for stopping by in the forums and already trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense. 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following:

• Unpair your Sense from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Sense.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Sense.
  • Once your Sense is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Sense first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

If the above doesn't work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @dgreene99 - it would seem that Bluetooth is having a hard time which may be because you are using multiple devices with your watch [unknowingly]. If you have another phone or iPad turn off the Bluetooth on them.

Logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and restart the phone and the watch.

Login again and wait for any pair or link or fixit prompts and sync. This should resolve the problem.

Also make sure that the Fitbit App can run in background in case the phone is stopping the app, for battery savings.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
Hey Guy, thanks for responding, but nothing else is connected except my iPhone…. not only having this issue, but battery didn’t last 2 full days… prob because it was trying connect constantly, but I’ll ask FitBit support to troubleshoot. Dan

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dgreene99- thanks, in that case it may require a factory reset or is just faulty.

If it gets hot when charging stop immediately as there is internal damage which can also cause short battery life.

Please post conclusion.

Fitbit are reachable via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @dgreene99. Thanks for stopping by in the forums and already trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Sense. 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following:

• Unpair your Sense from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Sense.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Sense.
  • Once your Sense is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Sense first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

If the above doesn't work, please follow @Guy_'s advice and chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Marre,

The issue resolved w/o me making any changes, battery life is back to
normal and no more BT error messages!

Dan
Best Answer
0 Votes

@dgreene99 Awesome! I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved now. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer
0 Votes