Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense won't stay connected to my phone's Bluetooth

My sense keeps losing bluetooth, have unpaired and paired via the fitbit app, it have worked some more better. But now it crap again, no change after unpaired/paired, have to open the fitbit app for wake up the connection and hopefully i will work for some time😑

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @iMaciMac!

Sad to hear the you're having an issue with your Fitbit Sense.
If you've recently updated your Fitbit app to version 4.15 and you're using an Android based phone, please make sure that your phone is running Android 10 or higher as system requirements have changed for Fitbit app 4.15.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanx, have IOS 17.4.1, Fitbit 4.14.1 (no new version) and sence 128.6.17.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @iMaciMac. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried. I'm sorry to hear that your Sense won't stay connected to your phone's Bluetooth. We're here to help you! @Talahthas Thank you so much for your input! 

In addition to the steps you've done so far, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Fitbit device.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit device.
  • Once your Fitbit device is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Sense first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!  I thought it was my new phone.  Will try to delete my Fitbit from Bluetooth and try pairing again.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried your recommendations and the next day the Fitbit has to be re-paired with phone.  I’ve had my fit bit sense for several years this has been a problem in the last week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I say, have already unpair and paired from the fitbit app. Have done a factory reset a month ago on the mobile. Could it not be problem with the sence? Many here have the same problem!?

It seem to not be any problem with the pairing, more about it's in some kind of sleep mode and don't wake up except do a refresh in the app and then the data is up to date, sometimes It has not been update since last day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s definitely a Sense issue. My Sense was on and right next to my phone and Bluetooth could not find it…got the message to check Sense was on. It only started happening last week, every morning. The advice that is copied and pasted on numerous tickets does not help and the fact that Fitbit think that it’s ok for customers to have to do so much work to fix a continuous issue and not recognise that things should be working as expected , says a lot about the company. These devices should work and Bluetooth connectivity is not an unexpected requirement given the role of the Fitbit! Fitbit should be resolving, if they cared about customer support and experience. 

Best Answer

Agree. Especially since they are not the only one around. I am going to start looking at Garmen and Apple

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the problem is with the FitBit app. My wife and I had the same connection issues for a few months after app v4.0 was released. I reverted us both back to app v3.9 a few months ago and we have had no connection issues since. Unfortunately you cannot do that on an iPhione though, Apple does not allow it.

Best Answer
0 Votes