Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips when using the Sense or Versa 3 charging cable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A word of caution when using the charge cable,

• Always put your watch on the charge cable before plugging the USB plug into the charger,
  • Always remove the USB plug from the charger before removing the watch,
  • Never leave the USB plugged into the charger supply.

The reason for this also is the strong magnets attract any metal objects that make contact with the 4 pins, such as paper clips and can possibly create a short, which may ruin the power supply or the cable.

Also when removing the cable from watch, separate the charge cable as close to the watch as you can to break the magnetic attraction to avoid damaging the last pin.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Good advice, thanks for posting. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Charging pins are non-magnetic material and hence magnet has no effects on them. Spring action on those pins is getting deteriorated due to dust or corrosion on it and hence it gets stuck inside.

Best Answer

HI @phulare - the pins may not be magnetic but the 4 strong magnets in the base are enough to get a paper clip attached across them.

As for the failing spring [on pin 4 most commonly] it can be due to overheating melting the plastic that holds it in place, weakening the pressure or it becoming dislodged inside, or is just not good quality.

Have not got a faulty one to dissemble. It remains that it stops making contact so you can't then use the cable to charge.

Best Answer

Thank you. 

Best Answer

That is exactly how I do it. Didn’t change a think upper left pin still failed 

Best Answer

@retirednene- do you also clean it before charging so there is no sparking? How do I clean my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Honestly Fitbit need to sack their current cheif design engineer for even allowing this charger or method of charging to get anywhere near production, I have owned many of fitbit's watches, almost every one of those had a different type of charger and and their charging methods have got progressively worse with each design, this last magnetic one on the Sense is by far the worst, finicky to get to connect properly, once connected you have to ever so delicately place the watch down which is also difficult as for some reason they decided to put such a short cable on the charger even then you go to put your watch on in the morning and find it's only charged 4% , pretty sure this will be the last Fitbit I buy, I'm over it! 

Best Answer