Cover Image
May 09, 2024

How to set up the Fitbit Ace trackers and switch to child view

JLuluFitbit
Keeping Pace

Hey Fitbit Community,

Thanks to your feedback, the child view is back and accessible within the Family section. 

With your Google Account as the Family Manager, adding your child's Fitbit Ace is easy. Just sign in to Fitbit, head to the Family section and tap "Add child," to set up their device on your phone. Now you can monitor your child’s activity and celebrate their fitness achievements when you enable the  “Switch to child view” option in your own Fitbit app.

How do I download the Fitbit app on my phone?

Download and install the Fitbit app from one of the following locations:

To make sure you can use the Fitbit app on your phone or tablet, check out Fitbit-compatible devices.

How to set up Fitbit Ace devices?

2.png

Charge your tracker. To begin setting up your tracker, connect it to the charging cable.

To learn more, visit How do I charge my Fitbit device?

4.png

Create a family on Google. Make sure the Google Account you choose is the Family Manager of a Google Family (if you already have one). If not, you'll be able to create one here.

1.png

Create a child account. Under ‘Family’ on Fitbit, select ‘Add child’ to help them set up their profile.

Configure an Ace device in the child profile after, or later by switching to child view and following the setup process.

To learn more, visit How do I manage my child in the Fitbit app?

3.png

Check the Fitbit app. Sync your tracker with the Fitbit app on the primary phone or tablet your child will use with their tracker to see their latest stats.

To learn more, visit How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

How do I switch from parent view to child view?

Parents who are Family Managers on the Google Family can switch to view their child’s profile on Fitbit on one phone. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app.

If you sign in with a Google login:

To switch from parent view to child view:

1. From the You tab 5.png in the Fitbit app, tap the Family tile.
  2. Tap Switch to child profile (Android) or Switch profiles (iOS).

To return to your Fitbit account:

1. From the You tab 5.png in the Fitbit app, tap the Family tile.
  2. Tap Switch to parent profile (Android) or Switch profiles (iOS).

Note: Ace syncs every time your child opens the Fitbit app.

If you sign in with a Fitbit login, you're already able to switch to a child view - click here for instructions on how to do so.

Why can’t I find the option to switch views?

1. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app.
  2. Log out of the Fitbit app.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Restart the Fitbit device.
    • Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
    • Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
    • Press and hold the button or buttons on your tracker for 5 seconds.
    • Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Log back in.

To learn more about setting up your Fitbit Ace devices, go to How do I set up Fitbit Ace devices?

Your Fitbit Community Team