Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android N Support

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Before I install Android N on my Nexus device does Fitbit apps support the new Android N? thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions
<p>My guess is since N is still in beta, not officially released than I very much doubt that fitbit will be stable. When it is out of beta it will be given a name. Maybe it will be known as Nutella.</p>

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

Connecting to a classic BT device is one thing, but connecting to a BTLE when Google has announced that BTLE is not currently working in developer preview 2.
"Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) GATT characteristics are using the wrong write type and will not be sent to a remote device. Thus, for example, some fitness devices will not work."

Basically this is Google's way of stating "Your tracker doesn't work because of Google"
There is nothing Fitbit can do  until Google fixes their preview of N. Remember this is a developer preview and is not guaranteed to have everything working.

Best Answer

@jefmes That's what I meant to say, we're working to fully support it once it's been released, so you and the rest of our userbase has a great day one experience with Android N and the Fitbit app. More updates to come as we get closer to Android N launch!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31
<p>My guess is since N is still in beta, not officially released than I very much doubt that fitbit will be stable. When it is out of beta it will be given a name. Maybe it will be known as Nutella.</p>
Best Answer

Most of the popular apps are currently supporting N. I will wait for an update from fitbit support. cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you all Forgot, as a fellow Fittbitter, with no inside info from then, I am only able to give you my feelings, not fact

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am currently using a Fitbit Charge and it does not pair or sync with my Nexus 5X on Android N.  I've had issues with Bluetooth in general on Android N.  My Bluetooth headphones also do not work.  

Edit: This appears to be an issue with Android N, in general.  On their support page, they note the following:

Bluetooth

• Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) GATT characteristics are using the wrong write type and will not be sent to a remote device. Thus, for example, some fitness devices will not work.
Best Answer

Anxroid changes the letter to a name when the OS is stable enough to be released.
So being that Android N is still in beta, and being tested.... I think it is great that your testing it, but as you point out, Bluetooth for N has the wrong protocol, and isn't even connecting to a simple headphone. You might need to Waite for them or require the BT code yourself.

@NabobCoffee most popular apps do not embed themselves as deep into the OS, with their BT drivers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doing a search with Android N Abingdon BTLE I see that Google says there are issues on the latest release. Also see here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NabobCoffee @thomasrpowers To clarify, @Rich_Laue is correct, we do not currently support the Android N dev/beta build and recommend running the Fitbit app on the latest publicly available OS. 

Google has mentioned the following as a known issue on the Android N developer preview: "Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) GATT characteristics are using the wrong write type and will not be sent to a remote device. Thus, for example, some fitness devices will not work."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did anyone have issues with the first Developer preview?

My fitbit was working fine until I upgraded to the 2nd Developer Preview.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sdrieghe please read @ErickFitbit's post above yours, this stated with the second preview. It might explain the problem. 

It might also help is we knew what type of problems your having?

Best Answer

Yes, that is defintely the problem.

I'm curious though, if anyone experienced this issue with the first developer preview as I don't remember having any issues back then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't understand why they don't have a Beta App to validate against Android N Developer Previews, this is what they program is meant for.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Actually I'm on Android N preview 2 as well, can't pair with my fitbit Alta but no problems pairing with Jaybird earbuds, car head deck, Pebble Time etc so only a Titbit issue not a global bluetooth problem. Beta app please for us to test.
Best Answer

Connecting to a classic BT device is one thing, but connecting to a BTLE when Google has announced that BTLE is not currently working in developer preview 2.
"Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) GATT characteristics are using the wrong write type and will not be sent to a remote device. Thus, for example, some fitness devices will not work."

Basically this is Google's way of stating "Your tracker doesn't work because of Google"
There is nothing Fitbit can do  until Google fixes their preview of N. Remember this is a developer preview and is not guaranteed to have everything working.

Best Answer

Just thought I'd throw on more "yup, not working on Android N" into the mix. As of 4/29/2016. I have build NCP91K on my Nexus 6P and have not been able to sync with my Charge HR since installing it. I don't expect Fitbit to fix this, but I do hope that reporting it will encourage them to get involved with Google in making sure it does get fixed for release for all the "normal users" out there.  🙂

Best Answer

Churned currently N is in the developing stage, and not haunted to completely work, did a search and see that some are having camera problems. 

Yes Fitbit week have their ask working on N by the time it is officially released, maybe even before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jefmes Thanks for your report. We're definitely working on supporting Android N once an official production build is launched.

As that hasn't occured at this time, I recommend checking out my previous update here.

Best Answer

That is great, but I would hope the developers are taking the opportunity to have early access to the builds, and making sure it's ready to work on launch day! One of the benefits of the previews is that you guys don't HAVE to wait until it's released to make sure your customers are getting a great day one experience. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jefmes That's what I meant to say, we're working to fully support it once it's been released, so you and the rest of our userbase has a great day one experience with Android N and the Fitbit app. More updates to come as we get closer to Android N launch!

Best Answer
0 Votes

with Preview 3 released is fitbit app still not functioning properly?

Best Answer
0 Votes