Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caleries wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My dash board says my daily caleries is 1,200 for the day (that's correct). Then when I go log my food that page says I only have 50 caleries for the day. This started 3 days ago. Anyone else having this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi

If not already done, feel free clearing the cache / cookies of the internet browser your using.

Does the issue appear in any internet browser? Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did do that and I still have the problem. I've turned my phone off and on. I've uninstalled the Fitbit app and then reinstalled it, turned my phone off and on again. I've called Fitbit last week and they said they will work on it. I still have the problem. Am I the only one?

Best Answer

If not already done, feel free editing your food plan, perhaps somehow the deficit got set to large? Cat Embarassed

It's also possible to set your own 'fixed' calories to eat in the food plan instead of choosing a deficit plan, if set the fixed calories to eat to for example 500 a day, it only allows to eat 500 a day, and doesn't dynamically change when exercising.. or when being more active.

Feel free to check out the fitbit article to edit your food plan:

How do I track my food with Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The caleries are right on my dashboard, but it's wrong on the "log in" screen. Example... dashboard says I have 1,000 caleries for the day (that's right) then when I click to log my food,  that screen says (before I log anything)  I only have 200 caleries for the day. It gets worse as the day goes on. Anyway, I'm ready to throw this Fitbit away!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently have it open in the android app on the food log page.

The Food log page displays the calories left to eat at the moment so you are staying within the zone to reach your goals. It only looks in the moment the total calories your precious body burned from midnight 'till (now) and how much has been eaten meanwhile.

The total calories left to eat on the food tile reflects how much can be eaten for the whole day. Which can change when being more active.. 

The in vs out thingie

Under

More can be eaten (up to 'in range' / green zone) to stay within the food plan, when being under the deficit will be larger than the selected deficit and more weight will be lost instead.

In zone

Stay in this zone to keep on track to stay within the desired deficit, when watching the food plan, you are able to see how many calories can be eaten for the day.

The zone chart only looks at the total intake / calories burned since midnight 'till (now). When eating more calories (according to the food plan allowance) more can be eaten but the chart can display being over at the moment since the body didn't burned as many calories yet.

When staying within the food plan, even when being over at the moment (eating more at dinner), it will drop back to 'within range' during the day.

Over

More calories have been eaten than the food plan (desired deficit), there may still be a deficit, and still loosing weight, but not as much as the selected weight loss plan..

Deficit: 500

Eat over with 200, there's still a deficit of 300 and still being on track to loose weight however the weight loss will be a bit less.

It's allowed to be 50 calories under or above the food plan to stay on track.

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lol! I've been using this Fitbit and the app for months and I know how the "calories" work. It has worked great for months, NO problems. But now it's NOT working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope Fitbit got it fixed for you soon. Cat Embarassed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carriemalia63! Welcome to the Fitbit Forums.

I moved your post to the Android board as I think it is much more suited for it. Additionally, I'd like to ask you to take some screen shots showing what you mean so that I can get a better understanding of the situation.

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
This started on Wednesday
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Carriemalia63!

It seems like the screen shots weren't posted. Could you please try to post them once again?

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This started after the last update...I called customer service and sent screen shots. .they are aware of the issue and are working on it. .it's very frustrating for sure as the dashboard calorie # is correct but the app is using the tile calorie # as you log food and that # is much much lower..sometimes by 500+ calories. .Screenshot_2017-05-07-10-37-16.png

Screenshot_2017-05-07-10-37-37.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @baisdent!

Thanks for letting me know what our support team told you. Whenever we do have any updates on the situation we will be sure to let everyone know.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes