Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few Ace questions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had been looking into getting my daughter (age 10) and Alta but now considering the Ace.

I know it isn't out yet, but I am trying to find out answers to a few questions.

In all the pictures it shows steps as 10K.  Can they see actual # of steps or is it rounded to the nearest thousand?

Trying to find more info on the whole family account thing.  Right now I have a charge and my daughter is wearing it.  We do family challenges (with the we being me, my siblings, etc- there are 8 of us).  My daughter wanted to take part and she couldn't with her UNICEF Kid Power band, so she swapped bands with me and is now me, so she can compete.  I had planned to get her a band in May for her birthday, so when they announced Ace I thought perfect.  But, I can't figure out who she can and can't be friends with and if with her account she would be able to be friends with her aunts and uncles and if she can do challenges with them.  

Thanks

Rae

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

The Ace is essentially a kid friendly Alta. Yes, she can see the actual number of steps and can also be involved in challenges. Parents control the level of the "social network" via a family account.

Best Answer

Also the clock faces will display the steps differently. so you need to pick one that will show the actual step and not 10K

Horizontal vs Vertical

This post will show you the difference by @MaginB
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta/no-steps-displayed/m-p/1803392/highlight/false#M33259

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@RaeKC wrote:

I had been looking into getting my daughter (age 10) and Alta but now considering the Ace.

I know it isn't out yet, but I am trying to find out answers to a few questions.

In all the pictures it shows steps as 10K.  Can they see actual # of steps or is it rounded to the nearest thousand?

Trying to find more info on the whole family account thing.  Right now I have a charge and my daughter is wearing it.  We do family challenges (with the we being me, my siblings, etc- there are 8 of us).  My daughter wanted to take part and she couldn't with her UNICEF Kid Power band, so she swapped bands with me and is now me, so she can compete.  I had planned to get her a band in May for her birthday, so when they announced Ace I thought perfect.  But, I can't figure out who she can and can't be friends with and if with her account she would be able to be friends with her aunts and uncles and if she can do challenges with them.  

Thanks

Rae

In regards to the step count, she can see either a rounded number or an exact number.  Exact numbers will show on horizontally oriented clock faces, while estimated numbers will show on vertically oriented clock faces.

Yes, she can do challenges.

The family account, as @SunsetRunner stated, is controlled by the parents, so yes, she can participate in the challenges once either you or her accept their friend requests.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@RaeKC welcome to the Community! Thanks for sharing your question on the Ace boards.

@SunsetRunner, @WendyB@DramaQueenDiva really covered most of your questions (thank you guys!) We haven't released full details associated with the Family Account feature, but she would be able to add friends and family. Kids can take part in daily and weekend challenges against their family, and the new Family Faceoff, a 5-day step challenge that allows members in a family account to compete against each other.  Keep an eye out for more updates coming soon! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Hello,

Say I want to hand down an Alta to my kid in order to get a newer more sophisticated device. Can the Alta be used as and Ace with the family app? If possible, will it need a software change on the device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fit_noob wrote:

Hello,

Say I want to hand down an Alta to my kid in order to get a newer more sophisticated device. Can the Alta be used as and Ace with the family app? If possible, will it need a software change on the device? 

No, the Ace is specific to the Family Account, so other trackers, at this time, will not be able to trigger that account.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes