Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 alarms and notifications concern

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. Ok, so I set up my sons ace 2 and the fitbit ace shows on his account. I set up alarms for him like to get ready for bed but he doesn't get the notification. Instead I get them on my phone. I don't know if I did something wrong when i set it up maybe? How can I change it? Also, how can I change my user name? When I was setting up the account I thought all the info I had to provide was his. Then when it was time to add him, I realized I had messed up because I was supposed to put my name on the first set up page and then his when adding a child. So now both acts show the same name. A little confusing I know. Sorry! I hope I can get some help or advice 🙏 Thanks in advance. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Julia08.

I am sorry to hear your son didn't receive alarm notification on his Ace 2. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Please make sure the notification setting on the Ace 2 is turned on: press and hold the button on Ace 2. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. 

I recommend confirming the steps you followed to set up the alarm for the Ace 2:

1. Switch to kid view: 

How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?
  2. Tap the Today tab > your son's profile picture > the device image.
  3. Tap Silent Alarms > Set a New Alarm.
  4. Select the alarm time and frequency, and save.

For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device? Regarding the bedtime reminder, the notification is sent to the phone. See How do I set a bedtime reminder in the Fitbit app?

for more details.

You can change your user name and other details by following the steps from this help article: How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Julia08.

I am sorry to hear your son didn't receive alarm notification on his Ace 2. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. Please make sure the notification setting on the Ace 2 is turned on: press and hold the button on Ace 2. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. 

I recommend confirming the steps you followed to set up the alarm for the Ace 2:

1. Switch to kid view: 

How do I see my child’s stats in the Fitbit app?
  2. Tap the Today tab > your son's profile picture > the device image.
  3. Tap Silent Alarms > Set a New Alarm.
  4. Select the alarm time and frequency, and save.

For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device? Regarding the bedtime reminder, the notification is sent to the phone. See How do I set a bedtime reminder in the Fitbit app?

for more details.

You can change your user name and other details by following the steps from this help article: How do I manage my Fitbit profile?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit 

Thank you for your response. So, I followed the instructions and was able to change my name and info. I also was able to set the alarms except the bedtime reminder alarm. For some reason that alarm still comes up on my phone. Thank you 😊 

Best Answer

Hi @Julia08, thank you for your reply. 

I am glad to know that the information provided was helpful. The bedtime reminder is set in the Fitbit app and the notification is sent to the phone. I appreciate your understanding. 

As a side note, I'd like you to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics. 

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes