Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 not charging or turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ace 2 won't turn on, won't take charge.  Looks like this is a common problem with sub-standard hardware. We put it on charge overnight as soon as we got it. I have managed to sync it with the app and downloaded the firmware update. ace 2 unit died when doing the install. no trying to charge it through laptop and nothing on screen at all. have tried cleaning pins, though brand new so that obviously hasn't made any difference, and have tried the restart (3 button pushes in 8 secs) which doesn't do anything. Any advice outside of these 2 options?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pbj41.

I am sorry to hear your Ace 2 tracker won't charge or turn on. Thanks for trying to resolve this, I appreciate the additional details and I am here to help. I recommend following the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

I also recommend giving a try to the following troubleshooting instructions to make sure the firmware update was completed correctly: Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing this, as well. We bought this as a gift for our daughter, and gave it to her this morning. We have followed the directions in the packaging material, and now on the Fitbit app. I am at the point where I am using her device to connect to the Fitbit Ace 2, and it just keeps asking me if the Ace 2 is powered on. I tap "Try again" in the app on her device over and over again and nothing seems to happen. The Fitbit Ace 2 is currently plugged into the charger. I am unable to get the thing to turn on, from what I can tell. 

I have tried holding down the button on the side of the Fitbit Ace for five seconds then releasing, and also for 30 seconds then releasing. Occasionally it vibrates, and occasionally I see the smile. But it always returns to the scrolling Fitbit logo with the fitbit.com/setup URL. It is currently at 73% battery.

Please advise how to turn this on so that I can finish the setup process. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kristinaj44.

I am sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing with setting up your daughter's new Fitbit Ace 2 tracker. Thanks for the details shared, I appreciate your efforts and I am here to help. I recommend following the steps to set up the Ace 2 tracker in this help article: How do I set up Ace or Ace 2 for my child?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes