Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 won't swipe or show any data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I received this from my mother today and have been struggling with it for half an hour. It syncs, but it won't swipe, display any data like steps, and no matter how long I hold the button it will not open the settings to even set the time and date. I have also had it on the charger the entire time and it was 40 percent when I started set up. It will turn on with the smile face but displays the www.fitbit.com/setup instead of going directly to the home page or whatever you want to call it. Help me out!!!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @EvanB2008.

I understand how you are feeling about this situation. Thank you for trying to resolve this and providing the additional details. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide a solution, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have basically the same issue as this user, except that our ace 2 is fully charged.  The app (windows) recognizes it and it is synced. This is the extent of what it will do.  The ace 2 displays a horizontal line and when the button is pressed shows the fitbit.com/setup screen.  I'm reaching out here since it seems like the customer service chat etc. is not going to have a super quick response.

thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @amj0826.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. I understand your concern and recommend trying the following:

1. Restart the tracker by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  2. Change the clock face to a Fitbit clock face:  
  • With your tracker nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon> Ace 2 tile.
  • Tap Clock Faces > All Clocks.
  • Browse the available clock faces. Tap a clock face to see a detailed view.
  • Tap Select to add the clock face to Ace 2. Sync the tracker. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the help, unfortunately when I try to select a clock face we just get the spinning circle icon and nothing happens.  Same thing when I click on  the 'my apps' button.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @amj0826.

I appreciate your efforts and would like to confirm if you can try changing a clock face using the Fitbit app on the mobile device? You can check the devices compatible with the Fitbit app at Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The option to create a family account isn't available on the mobile device I initially used to set this up.  That is why I switched to the windows app.  Looks like this is just going to be a return.  I guess I don't get why there has to be an app connected to a mobile device and all this personal data involved when my kid just wanted to count her steps.  I'll do my homework more thoroughly in the future.  I appreciate your help anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @amj0826.  

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand how you are feeling and recommend trying the following:

1. Log out of the app on your mobile device.
  2. Force quit the app.
  3. Restart your phone. 
  4. Log into the Fitbit app. 
  5. On the Today tab, tap your profile picture and check if you see "My Family".
  6. Tap "My Family" > Switch to kid view and try to sync the tracker. 
  7. If the issue persists, tap your child's profile picture on the top left corner. 
  8. Tap Set up a device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.       

If you don't see the option for "My Family", please uninstall and reinstall the app on your mobile device. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI 

I am having the same issue as this user and I don't have the option to connect to a mobile device.

Can you explain how I can activate the fitbit and set up the clock faces using my computer- it just continues to 'death spiral' as the user above mentioned. Do I need to return my device also.  I have spent about 60 minutes plus over the course of today trying and retrying to activate this device

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Joce1970 I have exactly the same problem with Ace2 bought for small person. Spent too long yesterday trying to fix. Now following the post above deleted and restarted my Fitbit app. Hardest Fitbit ever to start!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AB060Loch,

Let me know if that works.  I gave up just after my post yesterday and am about to try and troubleshoot this again today.

I think I might try the same- delete the app and see if that works.  I agree- thinking this is a product designed for kids- you actually need a post-graduate degree in ICT to operate.  Even my teenage kids were unable to solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Joce1970..yes we finally had success. I deleted & reinstalled the Fitbit App on my phone and then set up the Ace 2 account again. 5th time lucky! Hope you got yours working too.

Best Answer
0 Votes