Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 3 will not connect to Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased 2 Ace 3s for kids for xmas.

Ace 3s will not connect to phone - tried two phones in house now.

• Ace 3s are charged to 100%
  • App installed
    • on one phone app already in use with a sense
    • new install on other phone under different (new) account
  • family account set up and children created in family account
  • switch to child account and select set up a device
    • select Ace 3
    • click set up, enter my password, click to agree terms
    • click 'OK, did it', after short delay APP says 'found it'
    • 4 digit code pops up on device, enter it on phone
    • app spins on 'connecting' for 10 to 20 secs
    • fails to connect, 'X' on Ace 3 - message on app "turn on bluetooth to set up your tracker"

Get exactly the same on both Ace 3s on both of the phones we have tried. Tried switching bluetooth on and off, and also tried rebooting both phones. Outside of the app, my phone can see the Ace3 as an 'available device' in its bluetooth list.

Can anyone help?

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Currently having exact same issue, tried 2 phones new app install on each and device try's to connect with PIN then X sign.

One very upset child at moment, does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with my android phone. App is up to date, but still it fails to connect. I even disconnected all the bluetooth devices connected to my phone, restarted the phone and ensured bluetooth was on, and no other devices were connected to bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Something wrong with android app i had to resort to using and old iphone to get it setup in case this helps anyone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! I don't own any iPhones so hoping there is a solution other than connecting to an iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I initially contacted Fitbit support, who after a length chat said I should return both Aces 3s...

However on a hunch I tried something else and managed to get them working - I went and found my old phone and installed the fitbit app on it. I was able to pair it with my old phone, and the first thing it did once paired was download a large software update onto the ace 3. After the software update and and the inital setup on that old phone, I repeated the setup process with my current phone, and this time it worked perfectly.

So it seems the fitbits are shipped with a buggy software version on them, so if you can find some another phone to get it updated initially, do that then try again on the phone you actually want to use it with.

Best Answer

No other phone here.  Also Sat on chat for way too long and they advised to send it back. I mentioned others were having the same issue so they've 'escalated' it, whatever that means 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was this other phone an iPhone? I only have android phones, same issue. Tried 2 android phones and they don't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I re-booted my android and finally got it to work. 1 watch down, 1 to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was it! Thanks. Borrowed an older android phone from an in-law. Connected the watch to that phone and the phone instantly did a firmware update. Straight after that I was able to connect it to my more modern and updated phone. So it seems to be the firmware on the watch. Thanks for the help, this was driving me mad! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my android internet from wifi to mobile data

Best Answer
0 Votes