Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace Heartrate Tracking for Health Needs

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My two kiddos both have ADHD. They are very active (roller derby, gym with me, outside, etc.). All too frequently, they aren't getting enough calories to keep up with their tiny appetites (made even smaller by ADHD medication). It would be great, as a parent, to be able to show the kiddos a visual of their calories in vs calories out so they can actually see their body's needs.

On top of that, and even more important, with their active lifestyles while taking medication (which has an effect on their heart rates), it would be amazing for them to be able to, at a glance, see that they need to dial back their activity intensity and pull their heart rates back down.

I know the Ace does sleep tracking, but it's, from what I gather, simple, accelerometer based sleep tracking. My kid's doctors would very much appreciate being able to get a better window into the quality of sleep they're getting (similar to what I have on my HR2). And for that, I suspect a HR monitor would be needed.

And last, the Relax cycle. As you may know, kiddos strapped with ADHD frequently have anxiety along for the ride. Having a Relax cycle (again, I've heard this is tied to HR) would be fantastic for them.

Tracking heart rate is about MUCH more than weight loss and body image. I'm going to be the loudest person out there, vocalizing against starting kids off with body issues. As someone who has struggled with weight her whole life, I wouldn't wish body image misery on my kids for anything. But heart rate is about health. I want to buy trackers for my kids that help them see, and learn what their bodies are doing, and learn to take ownership of their health. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @HeatherBloom, you might want to vote for the feature suggestion to allow more Fitbit devices on a Family Accunt.  It sounds like your kids could benefit from one of the more sophisticated Fitbits.

You can also add your comments there.  Voting for, and commenting on, feature suggestions is the best way of letting the developers know what the customers want.

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent suggestion! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @HeatherBloom, welcome to the forums, it's good to see you around. 

These suggestion could be useful implementations to keep better track or a child's activities (sleep that includes heart rate, calories in vs out, relax cycle), more specifically, it'd be useful so they can understand what their bodies are doing, as you mentioned. 

At the moment Fitbit Ace can only track steps, active minutes and sleep, but I do recommend that you post your ideas separately in the Feature Suggestion board, this section is regularly checked by the team of developers for possible implementations in the future. 

Or you can vote for suggestion that @Julia_G already mentioned to add other trackers to family account. 

I hope this helps.

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes