Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace appears to be charged: not working when not plugged in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughter’s Fitbit Ace appears to be fully charged when plugged in, but as soon as it is unplugged it will not work when tapped. It appears to be “dead”.  I have cleaned the charger and back of watch, I have tried multiple USB chargers, I have tried the reset of pressing 3 times, I have left it on the charger over night.  Nothing is working.  As soon as I remove from the charger within a few seconds it just dies.  It is only one month old.

Thank you,

AC

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

@ACorby Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry to hear that your Ace gets unresponsive after you unplug it from the charging cable. By the way, thank you for trying the recommended troubleshooting steps before contacting our forums.

Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same exact problem. How were you able to fix it?

Best Answer

@Kahlea thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! Since your Fitbit Ace is not staying charged after you unplug it from the charger either, I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article.

After trying those steps, charge your Fitbit Ace for 2-3 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes
It was not able to be fixed. I was sent a refurbished one instead.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ACorby thank you for getting back and sharing your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit and you will be back on track soon.

Don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance and I'll be happy to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has happened to my daughters Ace. Shows as fully charged and becomes non responsive when removed from the charging cable?

Best Answer
Return it!
Get your money back and get a different brand. I got a refurbished replacement and it didn’t work either.
I spend a considerable amount of time dealing with the issues and couldn’t waste any more. I still have a dead Fitbit lying around my house.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, my son’s is doing the same thing. We got it in January and it’s been playing up for the last few weeks so I’ve cleaned it all etc etc and it’s still turning off after charging it and leaving it over night. 

Best Answer
Looks like it’s a thing .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Good afternoon. I’ve followed the trouble shooting steps and the issue has not been resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also followed the terrible shooting steps, still with no luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for my daughter.

Was offered an Ace 2 "Upgrade" as Fitbit discontinued the Ace. Which is interesting, as it is still on sale via Amazon?

My daughter is older, so the Ace 2 is not an option, we'll be shopping for new devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes