Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace counting extra steps and battery drains fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi my son started wearing his fit bit ace (the first, original one) 2 days ago and this morning the battery is already low. Is this normal? I thought the battery would last longer then this?

Also it seems to be counting alot more steps then he is doing. 

For example I checked yesterday and from 7:45-8:00am he did 126 steps. Which isn't possible as he is sitting and watching cartoons at this time. 

It's saying he is doing 10000 or more steps each day but he is sitting at school majority of the day and he seems to be doing nearly the same amount of steps when we walk 10 minutes to school and when we wall for 30 minutes or more when we walk the dog. He also seems to be doing 100+ steps when he is sitting down doing work at school.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@NicoleH88 Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace since it's tracking extra steps and the battery is not lasting as long as it should. Thank you for providing details about the time that the Ace tracks wrong information.

Please restart the Fitbit Ace as described in this help article. This will refresh the Ace tracker internally. Once you've done this, check out this help page, which provides tips and information on how to improve the battery life of the Fitbit Ace.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I find the button that resets it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NicoleH88 You are welcome! Regarding your question, you can find the restart button on the USB port side.Fitbit Ace charging cable.PNG

Please let me know if you have additional questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes