Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace/kids phone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set up the Ace under the family account under my name. When I synced the Ace it pulled my steps etc into the Ace. Am I supposed to set up the Fitbit app on my child’s phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Clevelynne, you can set it up on your phone or your child's phone (whichever device you / your child will use to sync the Ace, but in either case you should set it up under your child's name if they are the one using it.

On the Fitbit app, make sure you have set up a Family Account (you can find that under Account -- it's the icon that looks like an ID card).

Follow the steps to set up the Family Account, if you have not done so already.  In setting up the account it will automatically switch you to kid view to set up the Ace.  

Alternatively, if you have already created the Family account, switch to kid view and then follow the instructions to set up the Ace.  This will set it up under your child's name, and then your steps will not be added to it.

I hope this makes sense.  Please post again if you need further information -- and do let us know how your child enjoys their new Fitbit!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can i set it up on my kids phone but still access his stuff/family acct info through my phone thru the family account?

I don't want him syncing thru my phone.but obviously id like to see all his stats thru mine too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Bunnybear_05, if you want your son to sync via his phone, I think the ideal procedure is that you should set up the Family Account on your phone, but then log into that same account on his phone, switch to Kid view, then set up the Ace on his phone.  

The reason for setting up the actual device on the phone that will be used for syncing is the way Fitbit makes a unique pair bond with an individual phone.  That way he will get notifications for HIS text messages -- not yours!

I don't actually have an Ace -- although I did set up a Family Account so I could see how it works -- so I am not sure what stats you can actually see from the Parent Account once it is all set up and running.

I know you can see steps for sure, but I am not sure what else.

Weirdly, you cannot see wieght and other personal stuff (eg birthday) that you entered on set up!  I think there is stuff to iron out...

Please do let us know how it goes.  We are all learning here!

Best Answer

Hi Thanks so much for this it was very helpful, the live chat wasted so much of my time yesterday! Now my daughter is very happy with her ACE. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @BelindaOS, really glad those instructions worked for you and great that your daughter loves her Ace!

Best Answer