Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace not turning on when not attached to charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We recently gave our son a FitBit Ace for his birthday. He has loved it since he got it. However, a few days ago it started experiencing the same issues as I'm reading a LOT of other people have been having. Namely that the device becomes unresponsive/unable to turn on when it is not attached to the charge. We have already gone through the trouble of:

- Restarting it.

- Attempting to update it.

What are our options? We're from Denmark and it was bought in Germany. We don't want to pay to have it sent back. My wife and I are both very dissatisfied with the quality of the tracker.

What are our options?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Elurahu Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace since it won't turn on when it's not on the charger. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful for this type of issues. This workaround consists in cleaning the contacts of the Fitbit Ace and the charger with a cotton swab in order to remove any dust that the contacts may accumulate. After this, try charging the device on another USB port. Please charge if for 2-3 hours.

Finally, monitor the Fitbit Ace and see if it works after unplugging it from the charger.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

We have just tried exactly what you said. To no avail. The device works normally when attached to the charger, and seizes to do so as soon as it is removed from the charger. At which point it will become entirely unresponsive.

It seems to use to be a software error, not a hardware error.

What are our options? We would be quite disappointed if we had to return it to the dealer at great personal expense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elurahu Thank you for getting back and trying the troubleshooting steps shared above.

Since your Fitbit Ace is still unresponsive, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes