Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace resets the steps tracked

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sons new Ace keeps resetting his steps.... not sure why? Is there a way to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@MNmomof3boys Welcome to our Fitbit Community! Seems odd that your son's Ace is resetting all of a sudden. I would like to know at what moments does the Ace resets back to zero? Is it in the middle of the day?

In the meantime, please restart his Ace as described in this help article. This will refresh the tracker internally. Finally, monitor the tracker for the next 48 hours and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue with my sons Ace 1.  He wanted to do a step challenge with me and was so excited to see he had over 10k steps yesterday, and then it reset to 520 steps for the day.  This morning it showed zero steps even though he was up and moving around for a while.  This has happened a few times since we he got it for Christmas, has your issue been resolved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cabanas Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with the issue that your son's Ace is experiencing since it resets the steps or loses steps during the day.

Please restart his Fitbit Ace as listed in this help article. Once you've done this, please check out the Ace behavior and let me know if the steps reset during the day.

Let me know how it goes!😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son’s Ace2 keeps resetting his steps, happens during the day and whenever he takes it off or charges it. Does resetting actually work? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gilly77877 I'm sorry for the late response. However, let me welcome you to our Fitbit Community.

I would like to follow up and would like to know if your son's Ace 2 keeps resetting his steps or if the issue got resolved.

Restarting the tracker has been helpful for this type of issues. Please follow the steps that I shared in my previous post and let me know if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

We returned it to the shop in the end and got him an inspire hr, which is working so much better.

Regards

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughters Ace 2 is resetting numbers randomly throughout the day, I tried resetting the device the way it’s shown online, and it doesn’t reset. I get the smiley face, but it doesn’t vibrate. What’s the next step I can take? 

Best Answer
0 Votes