Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace shutting down after being charged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughters ACE was purchased at Xmas in 2018 and we are having a problem with it shutting down after a few minutes.  The ACE is fully charged, and seems to work for a few minutes then shuts down.  I have reset it with the button on the charger and we also have deleted its info and re-set up a new device but neither has worked?  It seems to be in good shape, and unfortunately we are frustrated and not too sure what do next.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@Katlee1 welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your daughter's Fitbit Ace since it turns off several minutes after you unplug it from the charger. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I would like you to try a few workarounds that have been helpful. Please clean the contacts of the Fitbit Ace and charger with a cotton swab. After this, try charging the tracker through another working USB port for 2-3 hours and monitor the battery's behavior.

As a side note, please try the tips that are listed in this help article in order to improve the battery life of your daughter's Fitbit Ace.

Keep me posted on the outcome! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

Thank you for the advice but unfortunately this ACE still will not work!

Are there any other options to get this to work?

Thanks

Tami

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Katlee1, is it possible that the device could have come into contact with water at some point?  If there is, you might want to try drying it out with white rice.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@Katlee1 thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps.

My friend @DramaQueenDiva mentioned an important detail since water may also affect the functionality of the Fitbit Ace and drying out the tracker as she mentioned has been helpful 

In the meantime, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sons just started doing the exact same thing! Did you get any answers?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there,

I have got no where. I did clean the connections with alcohol and tried recharging again and we are still at square one..... Let me know if you get anywhere with this issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MNmomof3boys thank you for joining us in this thread! Since your son's Ace is also shutting down after being charged, I'd like you to restart the tracker as advised in this help article. Once you've done this, clean the contacts of the charger and Fitbit Ace with a cotton swab in order to remove any dust that affect the charging process.

Finally, try charging the Fitbit Ace through another USB port for 2-3 hours and see if the tracker stays charged and works properly.

@Katlee1 I appreciate the time you spent trying the workarounds shared above. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they will contact you via email soon in order to follow up. Please keep an eye on your email account.

I'll be around if any questions arise guys! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have cleaned it out and charged it at another location. I am now even trying a different charger as both my boys have their own. I have also reset it a few times... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MNmomof3boys thank you for getting back! I would like to know if the Ace could be charged with the other chargers that you tried or if it's still shutting down.

See you later! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is still shutting down! No luck 😢

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I only have 2 chargers for the ACE and they both fully charge the unit the same.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe we are having the same issue with our daughter's fitbit. Charged it and it shut down a couple days ago. Tried the restart,  but nothing happened. The screen is completely black, no data or charging icon showing. This was just bought this Christmas,  2018. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No luck here. Santa brought ours so maybe I need to contact him? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
We are in the same boat 🤔

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

We are having the same issues with my daughters 9 month old ace. We have tried all of the trouble shooting referenced above without any luck as well. It charges works for several minutes then becomes non-responsive. This is in addition to the band that had to be replaced at 7 months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MNmomof3boys @Katlee1 @xMPx  I'm sorry for the late response. However, since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@TaraArc thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community! I appreciate the time spent trying to restart your Ace before contacting our forums. I'd like you to try the troubleshooting steps that are listed in this help article. After this, charge your daughter's Ace for 2-3 hours and see if it works properly.

I'll be around if more assistance is needed!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you, we've been in contact with support and have been helped.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

How was this resolved? I am having the same issue with my ace, also bought for Christmas 2018! It was left uncharged for a month then I put it on the charger for over 2 hours and it isn't even showing the battery icon.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call them direct, they resolved it perfectly, because under warranty still. Mine was purchased at Christmas, too.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes