Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace won't turn on or take a charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, my Daughters fitbit ace was purchased almost a year ago and had been working fine until about 3 weeks ago. Initially, the fitbit just seemed to hold charge for shorter and shorter times, until it got to the point where it wouldn't hold a charge at all without being attached to the charger. At that point (about 2 weeks ago), I read through advice here and tried cleaning the prongs and the charging points with a cotton tip. I also tried resetting the fitbit several times by pressing the black button on the charging cord 3 times. I was able to reset it and have the fitbit buzz and see the fitbit logo, and it worked on and off for a few days. About 4 days ago I left it to charge for several hours, but when I came back, the fitbit would immediately lose battery and die almost straight after detaching from charger. I left it alone. 

Yesterday I tried reattaching it to the charger, however after a couple hours, I cannot get it to come on and do anything past the fitbit logo and then numbers on screen that come on right after the logo. After that, it goes to black screen, even when keeping it attached to the charger.  Resetting by pushing the button 3 times does nothing. It has never been in water, not even a shower. My Daughter is asking for a new Fitbit for her Birthday (she loves it and has been very happy with it) but I’ve explained to her for $129.00 it should last longer than a year! Please advise what to do next?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Cocobananas welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm happy to assist you with your Fitbit Ace since it won't turn on completely nor take a charge. By the way, thank you for troubleshooting this issue before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try one more workaround that has been helpful. Please try charging your Fitbit Ace through other USB ports and see if it takes a charge one of them. If the issue persists, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, sorry I accidentally pressed “accepted solution”! It still does not work. Please advise what to do next???

Many thanks for your help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cocobananas I'm sorry for the late response. However, regarding the screen and charging issues that your daughter's Fitbit Ace was experiencing, I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email.

I'm so glad to hear that a solution was provided and your daughter will be back on track soon.

As side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes