Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace won’t turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My sons Ace battery needed charging, so charged as normal. It wouldn’t sync yesterday so gave up to try again today and now has turned off and won’t come on. Any ideas? I use the family account on my app on iPhone 7.

Best Answer
0 Votes
57 REPLIES 57

That's good news @Mwhitney84, thank you for the update. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mwhitney84 In addition, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board, where you can share your experiences, meet people and crate new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave my daughter a new Fitbit ace yesterday for her birthday and I’m having all the issues mentioned in this feed. It won’t turn on, it won’t charge and it won’t reset. She is so upset. Any other suggestions?  It’s an expensive present and didn’t even last a day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spent about 1.5 hours on the phone with Fitbit last week and was told I would have to wait until the programmers there could identify and resolve the issue. Not acceptable since my son got this for his birthday

@LMB6 wrote:

I gave my daughter a new Fitbit ace yesterday for her birthday and I’m having all the issues mentioned in this feed. It won’t turn on, it won’t charge and it won’t reset. She is so upset. Any other suggestions?  It’s an expensive present and didn’t even last a day. 

back in June and used his own money to buy it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I would highly recommend calling FitBit support as they are very good at
troubleshooting, diagnosing and offering solutions. I found them to be
very helpful. Good luck. My daughter is very happy with her FitBit now
that we got through the first little hiccup.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

We bought our son a FitBit Ace for Christmas (from Santa). We have had no success in setting it up. It does not charge and does not respond to resetting. Tried USB wall mount charging and charging through my laptop to no success. Have tried cleaning charge ports on the back of device with no success. Feel like I have pretty much wasted our money on this device. It is a little bit of a shame to read in the forums that this is a common problem.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same. We've had this issue for six months now and are just told by FitBit that we will have to keep checking for software updates. They aren't taking any accountability or trying to make this right. We have multiple FitBit products but I'm inclined to switch to another product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I feel your pain. We have had troubles with FitBits in the past. In
hindsight I should have gone with Garmin. The only help we seem to get is
emails with trouble shooting links for resetting or cleaning charging
points. Tried them all several times. Not sure why they think restarting
will work when the device doesn't even charge properly or turn on. Should
have bought a Garmin!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LMB6 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I noticed that you contacted Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible.

@bgsessoms I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Ace is not working. In order to further investigate, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed.

@SunsetRunner Thank you for sharing your experience with Customer Support. I'm glad to hear that you are now back on track.

@MrKRWalker80 I appreciate the time you spent trying to resolve this issue. Our team is constantly working to improve the Fitbit experience and appreciate all the feedback. Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine did the same thing. I had a Fitbit ace a few months ago and it said battery low so I plugged it in. Wouldn’t charge or come back on. 1 month later i got a new Fitbit ace. It said battery low so I plugged it in. Wouldn’t charge or come back on. This just happened and I’m SO SO SO disappointed in Fitbit. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ace. Before sending your information to Customer Support, please be so kind to confirm that you have followed our troubleshooting steps on this help site

I'll be waiting for your response.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes
We have tried all possible, restarting with the 3 clicks on the buttons,
charging for 3 hours and 1 day. And all the other solutions. No need to
worry, we are getting a new Fitbit. Thanks for your time, have a great
night.
-Ava
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has sent me three new Aces and none have worked. So disappointed in the product and service as this hasn’t been rectified for us after nine months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, I’m as disappointed as you are.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I'm sorry for the late response. However, since the issue persists, I'll send your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@bgsessoms I'm sorry about the experience you've had with your Fitbit Ace. If you are experiencing issues with your current Ace, please provide more details and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh my gosh!!! I said this before DO NOT worry!!! I ALREADY HAVE A NEW
FITBIT!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner I apologize for my misunderstanding. Thank you for your feedback and please don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance with your new Fitbit tracker.

Hope you have a great day! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! Hope you have a great one also,
-ava
Best Answer

My fit bit ace that I have not had for a year yet, suddenly has a blank screen. The app is up to date and working, it will vibrate when charged, but the screen remains blank. I have tried resetting by tapping 3 times, no change. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bendle4 I noticed that you joined our forums recently. Welcome aboard! I'll be happy to assist you with your Fitbit Ace since it's not turning on, even though you've restarted it and plugged it in the charger.

I'd like you to take a look at this help article and follow the rest of the troubleshooting steps mentioned. If you already tried all of them, besides the restart process, let me know and I'll be happy to assist you accordingly.

Keep me posted on the outcome! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes