Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Ace for my child & suddenly my Fitbit app (iOS) lost tiles

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I added a family account and an Ace for my kid. His device and app work great, but now I have no tiles for steps or miles, (just calories up top) and sleep and resting heart rate disappeared too. (My device is an inspire 2.) I have tried the edit button and nothing is available to add except blood glucose. I have done a soft reset and that didn’t work either. I went to Health and fitness stats under the discover menu and things I previously had (like sleep and resting hear rate) are not showing as available to me. I literally bought this device FOR those things (and steps.) Help.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

😃Thank you for more clarification. Since you have your child paired to their iPad it syncs every time your child opens the Fitbit app on their iPad. Is it possible that your sons Ace Fitbit is showing on “your iPhone’s Bluetooth” as paired to yours? It should only show on the iPad’s Bluetooth and your Fitbit should not appear on his. This would cause conflict. In order to set up the Ace on your child's iPad, you need to remove the Ace from your own mobile device. Then set up your child's Ace as a new device through their iPad. I’m wondering if the Bluetooth is the issue. If you find it is indeed on your Bluetooth remove it, log out of the Fitbit app, force shut it by swiping it upward then log back in and see if you can now properly sync your Inspire 2 and see your Inspire 2 listed if you tap profile picture then scroll down. 
This is an awesome video to review to ensure you have all the settings set correctly here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgiqI-IbmEM

Im not sure what version Ace you have but setup is basically the same

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @ConstanceVork 

I’m assuming your talking about the tiles on your Fitbit App. Try logging out of the Fitbit app then turn off your phone for 1-2 mins. Turn your phone back on and log back into the Fitbit App. Sync your Inspire 2 and see if that resolves the issue. If you are referring to items missing on your Inspire 2 I understand you tried restarting…sometimes you have to do a restart a coupe of times. 
😃Let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the suggestion! Yes, I was referring to the tiles on my app, sorry that wasn't clear. I can still see steps, zone minutes, miles and heart rate on my wrist - just no tiles for them on the app and they do not show as available to add. I followed your advice and logged out, powered off, let the phone sit for a couple minutes, then started back up. No change when I logged back in and swiped down. 😞

One other item I noticed is that now when I swipe down it says "gathering data" whereas before I'm pretty sure it said something like "syncing" (I didn't really pay attention before so not sure of the exact words but it definitely wasn't "gathering data") and I think the font color of that text is different (though I could be imagining this.) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @ConstanceVork 

Is your Inspire 2 showing as connected in your Bluetooth list? Try turning your Bluetooth off then on again.And you are correct it normally says “syncing” not gathering information. (But sounds like a syncing issue nonetheless)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gosh @ConstanceVork  I should have thought of this sooner. You said that you added an Ace to your account. Does your child have their on mobile device? If your child don’t have their own device, you can sync their trackers with your device. Note that if you have multiple trackers connected to the same device, you must sync each tracker individually. You have to follow these steps to sync your Inspire 2 if your sharing: 

After you connect the trackers, follow the steps below to sync each tracker:

1. With the trackers nearby, log in to your Fitbit account.
  2. On the Fitbit App, tap your profile picture.
  3. Tap My Family.
  4. Under your child’s name, tap Switch to Kid View.
  5. Tap your child's profile picture, and tap their device tile.
  6. Scroll down, and find the option to  Sync Now.
  7. After the tracker syncs, return to the account screen.
  8. Scroll down and tap Switch to Parent View and enter your password.

Look here for more information: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2346.htm#How

😃Let me know if this sorts things out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @ConstanceVork 

I wanted to check back in with you to see if switching from parent view to kid view solved the issue. Please keep me posted 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help MegaBite! I was away from home yesterday so just got back and tried this now. A few issues I ran into. First, yes my kid has the app on his iPad. (I have the app on my iPhone.) I followed your advice to switch to kid view, tap his picture, and tap where it says "Ace." There was no option to "sync now" that I could see. Maybe that's because he's at school right now so his device is not nearby? I don't know. Anyway, I switched back to parent view, and nothing was changed on my end. Interestingly (or not?) when I look at my own profile it does not show my device (inspire 2) in the way that my kid's profile shows his device. Not sure what any of this means, TBH. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

😃Thank you for more clarification. Since you have your child paired to their iPad it syncs every time your child opens the Fitbit app on their iPad. Is it possible that your sons Ace Fitbit is showing on “your iPhone’s Bluetooth” as paired to yours? It should only show on the iPad’s Bluetooth and your Fitbit should not appear on his. This would cause conflict. In order to set up the Ace on your child's iPad, you need to remove the Ace from your own mobile device. Then set up your child's Ace as a new device through their iPad. I’m wondering if the Bluetooth is the issue. If you find it is indeed on your Bluetooth remove it, log out of the Fitbit app, force shut it by swiping it upward then log back in and see if you can now properly sync your Inspire 2 and see your Inspire 2 listed if you tap profile picture then scroll down. 
This is an awesome video to review to ensure you have all the settings set correctly here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LgiqI-IbmEM

Im not sure what version Ace you have but setup is basically the same

Best Answer

Thank you, this is helpful. I don't think my app is tracking my son's activity as his app shows his sleep and steps and mine shows my weight and menstrual data. However I did notice one peculiar thing when watching this video - the parent view shows the parents profile, the My Family, and the parent's device (inspire 2) and when I look at my own, it does NOT show the inspire 2 in my account view. (Though in the kid account view it DOES show his Ace.) I wonder if I need to re-install my device...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is fixed!!! I re-added my own device and now all the options showed back up again once I selected edit. Yay!! Thanks again for your help.

Best Answer

That’s awesome news @ConstanceVork! I’m thrilled your back up and running and I was able to help. I hope your son enjoys his new Ace and as always Happy Stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes