Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an Alta be reprogrammed as an Ace?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded from an Alta (first version) to a Versa and I would like to give my Alta to my kid. Can it be reprogrammed as an Ace so I can use a family account and the kid features?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Bgailr312, I was wondering the same thing, but unfortunately I think not.  At this time only an Ace can be set up under a Family Account.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G wrote:

Hi, @Bgailr312, I was wondering the same thing, but unfortunately I think not.  At this time only an Ace can be set up under a Family Account.

Well that's a bummer. My daughter has been asking for an activity tracker and she also needs something that can send her reminders several times each day for medical reasons. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give her my Alta. But I'd rather buy a cheap digital watch than an Ace. Fitbit, you need to get on this. There should be a way to reprogram and re-purpose the Alta!

Best Answer

@Bgailr312, I have created a "Feature suggestion" to allow a range of Fitbit devices for Family Accounts.  You can vote for it, or comment on it here .

Basically an Ace is an Alta, so there is no technical reason why this is not possible.  But I am guessing your older device has an internal identifier that lets it know that its name is "Alta" not "Ace" so currently won't work with a Family Account.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

To my knowledge, only the Ace can be used for a child in a family account.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bgailr312 Only Ace is specially configured for use with children at this time, as @DramaQueenDiva mentions. @Julia_G thanks for pointing out feature suggestion, the ability to repurpose a older tracker to make it suitable for a child is a good idea. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes