Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create Family Account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Surge and am trying to set up an Ace for my daughter. 

When I'm in my APP and click 'create family account' and then 'Create Family' on the next screen an error pops up with 'User doesn't have email verified' and the option to verify email. 

If I go then go to the email verify page and click send email it tells me I'm already verified and doesn't send anything to my email. 

So I'm stuck in a bit of a loop and not sure what to do from here. 

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@AusMichelle@DDJamieDD Can you try and set up a family account now? There appeared to be an issue yesterday, but I can now set up a family account today. Please let me know. 

@Julia_G great to see you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I am having exactly the same problem right now.  I've had an account for a long time and use an Alta HR.  I've just purchased an Ace for my daughter and have followed the instructions and am getting the same errors.  I've tried logging out of my app/account and logging back in.  Turning my phone on and off again incase it needed it.  I've updated the app to the latest version and still the same errors.  I've even updated my iPhone to the latest iOS and still no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up talking to customer services and looks like there is something glitchy with my account so they're looking into the cause. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply, can you please keep me updated with your findings.  I'm frustrated at what is happening.  I also cannot find the phone number to contact Fitbit, I'm in Australia, can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Somehow I stumbled across the live chat function on their website so it was just done within their built in messaging feature. Can't find it now though but once I get a reply i'll post in here. Alternatively you could try emailing them through their help section. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @AusMichelle, the Fitbit contact details for Australia are available here.  The web chat only shows up when there is someone available, so you may see it come and go.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AusMichelle@DDJamieDD Can you try and set up a family account now? There appeared to be an issue yesterday, but I can now set up a family account today. Please let me know. 

@Julia_G great to see you! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,I can confirm that the issue from yesterday has been resolved and I can now create a family account and add my child. Thanks! 
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is all fixed now as well. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DDJamieDD@AusMichelle Thanks for your response, I'm glad to hear it's working correctly now. Thanks for your patience and bringing this to our attention. 

Best Answer
0 Votes