Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thank you for sharing where you're encountering difficulty in the registration process. For those of you who have already registered your child for a Google Account and added them to your Google Family, the next step is to register your child for Fitbit.

To do so, open the Fitbit app on their mobile device, tap "Sign in with Google", and sign into Fitbit using your child's Google Account to begin Fitbit registration.

For complete instructions, see 
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2346.htm.

Once you've registered the child for Fitbit using their Google Account, the child will appear in your Fitbit Family.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
435 REPLIES 435

This may or may not help you but I’ve been having the same problem on iOS. I was able to add a child account via my husband’s Android phone and then pair the Ace 2 on the iPhone once the child was added.

Best Answer

So support keep sending me the same I working solution and being rather unhelpful.

I’ve been trying to set up my kids Ace 3. Why one can’t just add a profile rather than go through all this google family nonsense I don’t really understand. Didn’t really want to set up a whole new email account for a 5yo just for this.

Anyway, I’ll play along. Now it’s saying I can’t add family until I move my Fitbit account to a Google account. Support keep telling me to click on “manage my account” then “‘move account to google” - exactly what the support page says.

----

There is no “manage account” in my menu

ManuFitbit_0-1696691345040.png

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem in iOS. I was able to get around it by adding my child using an Android device. Disappointing service from customer support I agree.

----

ManuFitbit_0-1696684728299.png

----

That was their response three days after my chat was escalated. 

Best Answer

Ah that’s interesting. I kept going in circles with people asking me to update to the latest app, even after repeatedly saying I was on the latest. 
Anyway, I guess that’s kinda good news, in that at least one person at Fitbit knows there’s an issue and are working on it. Clearly the whole thing has gone to pot since google took it over and use it for force kids into getting email accounts they don’t need. 

Best Answer

So I've spent the last 6 hours trying to set up my son's birthday present (ACE 3) to no avail as I need my fitbit account to migrate to Google to be able to do this. I've tried chatting with support, calling (no use as I keep getting cut off) and no one is able to tell me when I will be migrated. Just that I have to 'wait for the notification'. Not good enough Fitbit/Google. I think I will be sending my son's birthday present back again. no wonder people are defecting away from you if you can't even set up a device due to an 'issue' with no timescales as to when this will be fixed.

Best Answer

I am having a similar issue. My account won’t show me the options to add my child. We don’t have any android devices in the house to try adding it from another device. Any recommendations?

IMG_7971.png

Best Answer

I had to do same as phollie. I had to use motherlaws Samsung to set up and then log on to iPhone and now can manage the device. 

Best Answer

No other ideas I’m afraid except to wait for Fitbit to fix the iOS issue. I had my issue escalated. This was the response. 

IMG_2832.png

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem in iOS. I was able to get around it by adding my child using an Android device. Disappointing service from customer support I agree.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello -

my 9 year old got an Ace 3 for her birthday which we cannot setup and use. Fitbit is saying I must create a family account in order to attach her device and in order to setup a family account you just move your Fitbit account to google….which I cannot do. I’ve called support 3 times and am told I should get a prompt when accessing my profile to move my account to google but it isn’t there. Can anyone help? I’m at a point where I’ll have to return my daughters ace 3 and find something else for her. It’s been a week of trying to do this

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer

Hello @EJMetcalfe723 and welcome to the Community.  I tried to set up a Family Account, so I see what you see and understand your pain.  I found this Help article: What should I know about moving Fitbit to my Google Account?  The way I read it, you can't change your account to a Google account until you get a prompt to do it.  Watch the included YouTube video, because it shows the steps to move to a Google account once you get the prompt.

I'm going to ask a moderator to help you.  I might be missing something.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I’ve been told I can’t move account to google until I receive a prompt but I’m wondering how long it could take? My kid wants to use her watch and at the moment it’s useless 

Best Answer

@EJMetcalfe723   I hope the moderator has an answer.  I'm not an employee, so I don't know the roll out time frame.  I'm also moving your post to the Ace & Family Account forum.  You aren't the only user in this situation and it will help bring attention to this issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Thank you so much!

Best Answer

I could have written this myself!! I have tried for the past few hours to set up my sons Ace 3 and the Google bit is not working, and it's driving me mad!! I contacted customer support and they said someone will get back to me, but she had no idea..what prompt should I be waiting for??

Best Answer

Hello @Beenie11 and welcome to the Community.  There is a video in the Help article that shows what you should see.

I also escalated this issue through a different internal channel.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone,

Desperately need help please! I received the Ace 3 for my son today and I have been trying to set it up for the past 4 hours..I keep getting stuck at the setting up my child via Google bit. I get an email which I need to click on to accept the family invite in Google, but I can't accept it because the child is under 13, it's so frustrating!! 

I then spoke to 2 different people via online chat and one had no idea and then another told me it's a common issue that Ace and Google are not working. I then called UK support and he was useless and didn't even know what the Ace 3 is...!! After 15 mins he hung up on me...

So my question is - what's going on?! Is there a problem with setting up the Ace 3 currently? If not, can someone please help??? TIA

Best Answer

Hi, thanks but I’ve tired EVERY thing and even spoke to customer services 3 times tonight who told me 3 different things…think I’m better off returning it and staying away from Fitbit! 

Best Answer

good idea since that wont do anything

Best Answer
0 Votes