Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add children to family account

ANSWERED

Hi

I can't set up family account to set up Childs ace 3

I bought a ace 3 for my daughter, im not a Fitbit user so had to set an account up 1st. I used my google account to log in. I set up my family how ever on my family it just say

to add children, make sure they're part of your family on Google, then set them up on Fitbit, their name will appear

I have made my daughter a account on my account as she is only 5 and added her to my family on google but nothing is showing up in my family on Fitbit app

please can someone help 

thanks

ben

Best Answer
430 REPLIES 430

I've got the same issue. If I try to set up the Ace, it says that I have to migrate to google and gives me a prompt if I try to just add the device under my account.
BUT, when I try to add the google account, I get an error that Main guardians can't move their account to google yet? And that fitbit children migration is not supported yet. 
I guess I'm returning an Ace.

Best Answer

Thank you, I hope they have a resolution soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so glad it's not just me, I thought I was going mad!! We haven't even had it for 24 hours and I'm already returning it..

----

Yup, I'm currently stuck in the same loop of madness and it's driving me mad!! I haven't even had it for 24 hours and I will be returning it today....

Best Answer

@Beenie11  @wastedtime   Fitbit is aware of this problem.  I have confirmation that this issue has been escalated.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The absolute worst set up process ever. I tried all the same methods. Zero success 

Best Answer

Does anyone have feedback regarding how long you’ve experienced this issue? I just got the ace 3 a week ago and have yet to be able to use it, but I’m trying to figure out if this is an issue that Fitbit is actively working to fix and I should hang in there another few days? Or is there anyone that has already been dealing with this for a long period of time in which I’ll just return the ace 3 and get something non-Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EJMetcalfe723   This is a brand new issue, based on the dates of the posts.  I can confirm that Fitbit is aware of this issue from information I received through an internal forum.  I'm not a Fitbit employee, so I don't have information on a time frame for a fix.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was told by Fitbit yesterday that its an 'ongoing issue' and they can't tell me how long until it's resolved. They then told me that I have 45 days to return the Ace 3 for a full refund. I decided to return it today after having it less than 24 hours! I'd rather have the money back and then repurchase if and when they fix the problem

----

That's great, but not when they can't even tell you of a timescale etc. I think they're saying that just so we go away etc. I was told to keep checking social media for updates...! They should really send out an email/comms or update via the app

----

It's ridiculous!! And this is meant to be for kids?! I was told by Fitbit yesterday that its an 'ongoing issue' and they can't tell me how long until it's resolved. They then told me that I have 45 days to return the Ace 3 for a full refund. I decided to return it today after having it less than 24 hours! I'd rather have the money back and then repurchase if and when they fix the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any suggestions on a similar or better device?  The ace 3 seemed perfect for kids but obviously it’s useless under current circumstances 

Best Answer

I was going to ask the same but ironically, when you Google it, Fitbit Ace 3 comes up as the 'best overall' tracker for kids...!

Best Answer

Thank you for escalating. Is there a way for us to complain to the right people? This is ridiculous. Google and Fitbit are two large tech companies who have reasonable brand reputation yet here we are. It puts a bad taste in my mouth, specifically for Fitbit use. We use Garmin for my older child and it was so simple to set up and use.

Best Answer

There is currently and inability to connect Fitbit Ace to the Fitbit app. There is no transparency or sense of urgency to fix this problem, as it has been noted by others to be a problem for over a week. No customer service person on Fitbit employee can give an estimated time for this issue to be fixed. Am I suppose to look at my Fitbit app every day indefinitely in hopes that my children, who are part of my Google family, appear and I can finally use their Fitbits? That is ridiculous. Going to return them today.

Best Answer

I was having the same issue. The transfer message showed up this morning and I was able to transfer my Fitbit account to Google. Setting up the two Ace3 watches for our sons while typing this reply. Hopefully, it’s happening for everyone else as well. 

Best Answer

Agree, and no it’s a long winded and difficult process to complain from what I’ve seen online..and I can’t be bothered! Tbh it’s put me off Fitbit! 

----

Not happy for you at all! Lol I’ve returned mine now..is yours working now?? 

----

Yup, pretty much what I was told too, and to keep an eye out on their social media for an update...I already had enough and returned it the next day! I don't see this being resolved any time soon...

Best Answer
0 Votes

the transfer message showed up for me today, but it’s not working. It says to choose my Google account and then I tap it and nothing else happens.  And the ace still sits. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I tried creating an account on an iPad for my daughter, and I tried creating a whole new account but since it is an Ace 3 (for kids), the app will not allow me to add it to an adult account.

I'm going to return it, which will break my daughter's heart, because I cannot get it to work.

----

Same problem. I reached out to the customer support last night and was told to create a new Google account--which I did--and linked to my Family. It still isn't bringing in the family IDs when I link it. And if I try to log in from the Gmail account I created for my daughter, it says I cannot log in from the same account on my phone (same problem on my husband's phone).  I tried moving my original account to Google -- failed and keeps erroring out. It's so frustrating!!

---

I'm sorry you're going through this!  I have the same issue. I've tried for 2 days now to figure it out and wasted a bunch of my time. I was told to create a new google account--which I did--and it still didn't work. It seems like Family Link isn't connecting, and creating an account for my child didn't work either b/c of the Google Link stuff. It is a multi-level problem for sure:  can't move account to Google, can't create/use two google accounts on a single device (even though one is a child's who has no devices), can't link to Google Family Link, can't create a Fitbit account for a kid without a google account on a separate device.  I tried on Android and iOS and neither worked. I tried creating new google accounts and that did not work. I contacted customer support about various issues within 24 hours and all customer support said was that they would raise it to their supervisor. Now my kid is upset and I have to return this thing, but I guess the silver lining is that my heart rate went up.

Best Answer

I am on the same problem. My kids is very exited and now I have to return them too. Poor kids.

Best Answer

Fitbit Customer Service told me today that the problem with the fmaily accounts should be solved in a couple of weeks to a couple of months! What a waste of a divice... By the time they may have a solution we wont be able to send it back as it will be past the 90 days! 

Best Answer

I'm android and having the same issue. We have an Ace 3. Fitbit are saying it's a Google - Fitbit issue. It's been escalated but could take months to fix 😡 meanwhile I have a very upset 10 year old with a watch he got for his birthday that is useless!!!! 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members. @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry for the delayed response. Let me share this was reported to our team and we'd recommend trying one more time to migrate to Google and create your Family account as this process should work.

On the other hand, if you continue having difficulties, provide me with the model and OS version of your phone. These details will help me to further investigate.

Best Answer
0 Votes